HybridZ

Check out this Video

Kinked_Chrome

Guest Want aZ

I dont know about the driving, but its definately the slow way to get around the track...some of the best driving Ive ever seen was at the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta...Now that was some driving. Nothing like seeing them crank it up to 195 on the long straight small chicane, then slight downhill, to a hard right turn along the pits.... Ah the smell of alcohol in the air was intoxicating.....

More fun to do than watch :) Those guys belong in rally or circle track Outlaw racing. There was one guy who was actually going around the track like he was supposed to, I wish I could understand what each driver was saying, but am not desperate enough to get it translated for me, it would be nice to know what they were talking about though.

How come the dude driving the red Silvia has Toyota and TRD written all over his shirt?

I haven't seen the video in a few weeks but i think the guy you are talking about is Nobeteru Taniguchi, winner of the last D1 that was held. i believe that he is a driver for TRD in JGTC...

Guest ON3GO

there is nothing to get about drifting...

All drifting is is pure fun and crazy.

and its damn hard to do GOOD, yes anybody can drift there car (hell even FWD cars) but it takes skill and big big balls to start the drift at 80mph.

Drifting is like handball, its a sport but its not really a sport, but hell its fun... that might be a bad way of saying it but u get the idea.

mike

although there were a tad bit too many stickers on the cars.... this is not rice. This is what is causing rice in the US. most of these cars can probably run 10-11 sec 1/4 mile times. It requires alot of HP to step the tail upt going that fast ;> and if the definition of rice holds true rice = a bunch of nonfunction engine, light and bodywork mods. The cars that had wings were more then likely functional

I guess I don't 'get it' either, but it is fun to watch. Are drift 'races' judged like beauty pagents (all subjective) or are there times involved like in regular racing? Judging subjective stunt driving is probably harder to judge then a speed contest, but I digress...

In truth, I would love to try my hand at this with someone else's tires :D

Davy

Yeah get some slippery tires that last forever ;) and they are going to have to take some major heat abuse too. That is the problem with scrubbing the tires during any race, once the tires heat up eventually besides possibly blowing up on you, they just wont grab any more, this is a big problem with heavy cars - conserving tires.

Guest ON3GO

well there are rules... welll not really rules but ways to score higher then others.

make the drift last longer and futher out then anybody else.

do somethin crazy like do a mad crazy drift with one hand out the window, waving or sometyhing.

straight line drifting also gives you points and if u keep that drift into a turn then more points.

theres others too.

mike