HybridZ

getting pulled back into it.........

fl327

last night was at the warehouse talking to my rotary guy, and we started talkign abotu street racing, namely the night races in San Jose, and i told him that i once beat a skyline out there-my buddy starts going blue in the face and starts going off-----------"thats you? i was suposed to come out that night too, and try to race him in RX7!!!" me:"yup, i had to chase him for a mile and a half scratching second behind him, and yell at him at the meeting spot for about five minutes trying to race him, finally raced him, and beat him!" my buddy: "youre famous!" "youre the red car with a v8 right?" me-----shrugged shoulders---"i sold that car" him:-----you what!?

it turns out, the street racing websites were pumped up a week before i turned out the skyline. people i knew told me about a skyline in San Jose

and I was like " ill beat the skyline" i guess word leaked out because, before we raced, and after we raced, rumors were flying everywhere, and people were setting this up to happen, and it did. short story, i walked out on the skyline after first gear, and beat him until the bottom of third, where the race was over but it was evident if the race would have went over 80mph that skyline would have rocked my world, and with the upgrades he currently has-I dont think most cars could beat him now.

this was about two years ago, and it was fresh on my buddies mind- HE was supposed to race the winner!!!! dont worry , at least i beat the skyline with a carb!!!!

we get to talking further, and we came to the conclusion: I am not cut out for the import motors, even if i like import cars.

he wants to build a turbo 2 drag car, solid axle rear, rotary to t56 adaptor, three rotor single turbo, motorcycle dash, monster car

once i find out about the smog law and the calender year and if my 75 goes up for smog exempt next year, something domestic is going into my Z, with an AUTO, SLICKS, and a TURBO. my buddy works for a different shop but hes on the team though, and we also come to this conclusion:

we dont work on cars because we have to, we do it cause we love cars, we love FAST cars-and what makes a better impression on customers?

my excuses i know--- but im gearing up to make the change happen...

Guest livewire23

oh baby. When you next bringing those demons out to this side of the bay? I desperately need to see these cars. Before you sell em all and relegate yourself to the deep dark secrets of your garage to revive another monster. :twisted:

yes, GN motor and trans, my buddy has a complete setup for me, im just gonna sit on it for a while until i get my car completely dialed in as is, have my fun with the L6 in the meanwhile, research the fun and what i can do to it bone stock. i have at least six months until i even start. im lookin to start it out with mild upgrades and work my way up along with my understanding of the system, looking to put down 400rwhp. then i want to put a 9" back there

and stand em on the rear bumper :D can that be done with about 400rwhp?

You get addicted to pushrod power (torque) don't you? :D

Yes, I love 'big' American V8's because of the effortless power they rpovide from way down low--sends a shock through your system when it spanks the light Z car down the street. Gotta love the hair standing up on the back of your neck and the rush that follows; gotta do that again!! :D

If I can ever stop spending money on other stuff, I'll have enough to get this custom EFI manifold done to work with the turbocharger for the V8--I gotta gets twisty!!!!!!!!!!

Davy

ohc, ohv, i dont care as long as i can make some power out of it, and it was born with a TURBO. i do love the heck out of my L6 though. i wish the stock efi could do more for me though without such a low ceiling and small injectors. standalone has been ruled out too, too much for too little IMHO. plus, five feet from my laptop-----GN motor and trans, complete from intercooler to driveshaft.

Just wait 'till I start posting stories with my Z. We have all kinds of exotic's around here, Ferrari's, Lotus's, Lambo's, Mallet 'Vette, Lingenfelter TT C5 'Vette's (2 of them now), quite a few muscle cars and street rods also. I'll have some good stories to light the fire under your @ss and get the GN engine swaped in :D . Just finished up the wiring harness for my swap. Still need a turbo and the trans rebuilt. Shouldn't be much longer... can't wait! :twisted:

!M!

All those hot cars, in Wisconsin? LoL I dont see many 200k exoti-cars, some Vipers now and again, a Diablo, a Countach that was full length (not sure if it was honestly a real one though, didn't sound really like a Fiero but hard to tell), couple Lotus cars (not that fast), Modena now and again...

Guest livewire23

I've seen that diablo out here on 880 a couple of times. I was also driving home from work the other day and I saw a sweet new ferrari. He was driving so damn slow though, and he didnt want to step on it for my little honda. :( There used to be more exotics here, but the the crash kinda ended that. I guess they all got reposessed.

I dont think I've seen a silver one yet. I have also seen a black F355 years ago in downtown SF. I really dont see many exotics all that often though, a Viper is a sighting for me. There is a Viper GTS (blue/white stripes) in San Mateo that I used to see often when I worked down there around 5 years ago. I hardly ever spot a Ferrari, and up until a few months ago I had NEVER seen a real Lambo on the streets.

I have seen 2 kit cars (short) in Daly City though together, must have been family or buddies.

Here is the logic behind the V8...

I have a total of $1700 in my shortblock with forged Hbeam rods, forged pistons, fywheel, new crank, balancer, cam degreed and installed, new freeze plugs and cam bearings... and total internal balance... $1700... That is with some serious machine work, a screened 4 bolt block, with ARP studs and bolts everywhere... I couldn't do that to an L6. No way I was gonna touch a RELIABLE 500HP for $1700, and that price included $600 labor for someone else to assemble it all...

No banging against the L6. It's just pure economics.

Mike :D

exactly. pure economics.

300rwhp L28et

sds, jwt, haltec, ....out of the question

t3/t4..

downpipe

good ic

biginjectors

tons of small parts that equal-way too much,.

300hp GN motor

turn up boost and add a dash of fuel. and at 300, GN engine will have dang near 450 ish ft of torque off idle!

im going to keep the Z the way it is for a while and drive it pretty nicely

so that i can address its other issues, like comfort and safety, and keep it running well in preparation. its not going to be for six months or so, and i do plan on going to the track a few times on drag radials once i get the fmic hooked up, and let er rip to see what she pulls down. i really like how the car drives right now and behaves, im gonna do the mods to run a decent amount of boost reliably to it-and finally have time to myself while i do my research on the swap closely, and do more turbo buick research in general. v8 has only been ruled out because GM never made a stock turbo v8 in gasoline form, and factory turbo motors are what i like to work on.

Yeah, we have all kinds of cool cars running around here. Also forgot to mention that there is two Venom 600R's and one 650R running around. These cars sound like a souped up vacuum cleaner, very wierd sounding. These are just the cars that I see driving around in the summer. Lots of money in Milwaukee and the sourounding area's. My dream? There is a guy (won't say his name) that has a few Ferrari's, a F-40, 250GT, and some rare Ferrari race car (1 of 6 made, open exaust V-12, no top, REAL small windshield, very small car). He takes his F-40 out and beats the heck out of it. Cruises the strip here often. Can't wait to see him on the street when I have my Z out. Sure I can match him or possibly take him out for a little while, but he'll kill me on the top end. It will just be fun do say that I raced a F-40 :D Believe it if you will but 3 years ago he took his 250GT (I know for a fact that it is a REAL 250GT) out for a ride and a blonde in a white Dodge Shadow t-boned him just down the street from me when he was getting off the highway (got to see it right after it happened). She had no idea what kind of car she hit he said.

There is just too many people with more money than brains (execpt the Ferrari guy) around here. They need to be schooled.

!M!

Guest livewire23
Believe it if you will but 3 years ago he took his 250GT (I know for a fact that it is a REAL 250GT) out for a ride and a blonde in a white Dodge Shadow t-boned him just down the street from me!

Oh no!!! say it isn't so! :? damnit. lousy people have no respect. :evil:

Guest silverbullet

No banging against the L6. It's just pure economics.

Mike :D

Sorry Mike, I'll have to disagree with you just a little bit, yes it is mainly economics but you gotta admit there just is no substitution for the feel and sound of eight cylinders dumping exaust, when you hear a healthy V-8 with a good exaust system that is when you know that vehicle is alive :D