HybridZ

Racing Seats

Guest Vince

Guest Vince

Im gonna be buying some racing seats for my 260z this week and was wondering if anybody had experience with non-reclining racing seats in their Z. I went to http://subesports.com/ in huntington beach and found some seats im planning on purchasing. They're the Cobra "Monaco" http://subesports.com/products/?cartID=200303191812574.63.49.38&cat=Seating&brand=Cobra&prodID=192 Very attractive for the price. Any drawbacks with this type of seat? If anybody could post some pics of racing seats in Z cars that would be awesome. 8)

I had a very similar seat in my civic I built for last years Grassroots Motorsports $2002 challange, were reletively comfy, offered excelent support (I think a lawn chair offers more support than first gen z seats), but a real pain to get in and out of, you don't sit ON them, you sit IN them! if you are into autocross or road race they are awsome, they really hold you in place, down side is they are heavily upholstered and kinda heavy, I don't think they are any lighter than the z-seat

Drawbacks are...getting in and out. My seats are Corbeaus, so thin that I swear I could feel the spring stabbing me in the back.

Also if you have a harness and don't feel like wearing it, you have to drape them over the sides of the seats or put them under your back, also not comfortable. Not being

able to recline sucks too, but then I don't have any room with my cage anyway to recline. Blind spot checking or looking out the rear over your shoulder when you're strapped in sucks also...

Owen

Guest MistressMotorsports

The other drawback to racing seats is that stock type seatbelts often don't fit right. You will want to check that carefully or go with a racing style harness. Schroth makes a street legal 4 or 5 point harness, which Sube Sports also sells. I get all my seats and belts there. Not the cheapest place around, but they know their stuff and let you poke around.

Mike

Guest Vince

Yeah im planning on using harnesses. My 68 camaro has 3" 5 point harnesses and i love em. I use to drive a c4 vette around so i know how hard its gonna be getting in an out of the car. A good point about the blind spots was brought up that i didnt even think about, im gonna have to be careful with that. Thanks for the help guys.

Guest MistressMotorsports

Yep, right where Tim said. My car has been hanging out in Huntington Beach a lot lately though, at EMI Racing. Probably there again next week for some more tuning.

Mike

or check these out. i love these seats in black and they are sooo comfortable (even for big guy as me) and if you like them go to ebay and type "tenzo seats" some place sells them all the time two seats (any color), sliders, and i belive they also include brackets plus FREE S&H. all this for about $480 buy it now!!! i am going to sell my seats in little while and i am going to get me two of black ones u just cant beat that deal.

Ivan

Guest ON3GO

ya but your momos are so much more comfy and nicer then tenzo R's.

my friend has a set in his GSR and there not very good, i mean there not bad for the money, but i rather spend more.

i have one (will buy the other when i get money) Bride ERGO seat, the thing is super comfy but ALOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!

i might sell it to a friend though.

another nice seat for the money is teh Corbeau CR1's.. they look just like sparcos and are so nice to sit on.

good luck

mike

Mike

let me put you this way i would trade my momos for some tenzos any time of the day. they are so much more comfortable than my momos (i sat in both of them) and as far as momos go its just a name that i paid for nowhere as comfortable as tenzos (if you saw how wide my shoulders are you would understand lol) just my $0.2 on that.

Ivan

Guest ON3GO

well you are much bigger then me but i also have sat in both and i loved the momo's... my friend traded his Tenzo's for some OBX's and those dont do it for me either... i dunno, i just dont feel "right" in them.

i do like the sparco seat sthough...lol all of them.

mike

Guest Anonymous

Hey, all.

Just thought you guys might be interested in this site.

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/seats_interior/index.htm

They seem to have pretty good prices on seats especially if you buy a pair.

Seems they sell Sparco too but the link doesn't work.

Also check out the VOLK wheel section, MMMMM SWEEEET WHEELS!! :D

They come in almost any size and shape!

Cheers, Mike.