HybridZ

Harmonic damper completed take a look.

jeffp

I everyone, I spoke to Brian a BHJ last week and he sent me out the proto damper. I have received the part and listed it on my web page at http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt/page24.html

This will give you a very good idea of the quality and the construction of the part.

Brian was finishing up the heat testing on the part at Robello racing with an engine they had on the dyno. The first run of ten parts will be completed here in about a week. So this is what I have been doing and waiting for.

Guest Anonymous

Hey, Jeff.

The part looks fantastic!

Do you have any idea how much these will cost?

Is there any provision for mounting the crank trigger wheel to the back of the dampener?

I am concerned about the crank trigger pickup being in the way when you have to change or remove the belt, or if the belt fails at speed. :shock:

Cheers, Mike.

I to have considered the prospects of a trigger wheel on the back of the damper. I spoke to Brian regarding that aspect of the part. I informed him that there are a number of people who are running the after market EFI systems that require a trigger wheel. I did post here a few weeks back asking the question on the size of the trigger wheels people were running but did not get much of a reply.

I have examined the part, and it appears that a trigger wheel can be mounted to the back of the damper, if you look at the photos I took of the part, you will see that there is a step cut in the rear of the damper that I believe you can mount a wheel to. I am thinking 8 0r 10 4-40 counter sunk screws should do the trick, provided they are stainless steel hardware, and that should keep the wheel attached to the damper. I have to look at the part again to make sure tho. I am not sure that part of the damper is directly off of the crank, and that will be a requirement or you will never keep the timing correct.

I realize the best spot for the trigger wheel is at the rear of the part so that if like you mentioned a belt goes south it doesn't take out the trigger in the process.

I am going to speak to brian regarding this option and run this information by him. :D

• 1 year later...

Jeff,

Can you tell me what the inside diameter of the large hole in the front of the pulley is?

I have a serpentine pulley for my supercharger that I'd like to determine if it can be adapted to work with this dampener.

Thanks

Ken

Hi everyone, well I installed the 60-2 tooth trigger wheel on the damper. Good fit. I have all the vrackets made to install a new EFI system on the car.

The Damper will fit ALL nissan L series engines, including the 4 bangers I believe.

Anyway if you have any questions on the part give Brian a call and he can answer all of your questions.

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Dude, what do you do for a living to get all those wonderful Z goodies!!

I couldn't afford 15% of that stuff!!

LOL

Later,Norm