HybridZ

metallic blue paint...

Chris-280ZX

not long ago in the for sale forum, a guy was selling a metallic blue Z with a skyline motor in it. it was definitely show car quality. i think the guys screen name was skylineZ. anywho, does anyone have the pictures of the car? would like to see them again so I can get some ideas. also, does anyone know what paint he used or the code for it. im planning on redoing the Z when I graduate (2 years) and want to go ahead and start preparing. thanks.

Here you go:

Former owner was Rick from Vancouver:

22545133.jpg

22545106.jpg

And here is my DR30 Skyline powered Datsun pick-up - my metallic blue is a mix of a Volkswagen and BMW blue mixed for me at the PPG Paint Lab. Two coats of primer, 3coats pf base and 4 coats of clear with water sanding after two weeks.

Hope that helps you out - regards - Yasin

8619863.jpg

7888086.jpg

7889221.jpg

I would definately go with something that has sparkle or a bit of mettalic to it. Thats what I did with mine and it came out really well. I tried in on the door and kept blending the blues until I got the perfect hue.

80LT1 - Thanks for the compliments. Yes the truck has the DR30 Skyline engine in it...not the famed RB engine but the FJ motor. Has been thoroughly worked and massaged and can hold its own on the street. Makes for a fun ride!

Glad I can help - Yasin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest chip

thanks Garcia. I have ordered the MSA catalog but havent recieved it yet.

Dynomyte, I like that color as well. I was thinking of going with the Corvette electron blue which is a little brighter than the Navy Blue, both look good though.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the Volvo Blue, the Chevy Truck Midnight Blue, etc. back in 97 when looking for a paint color for my Z.

The Audi/VW Europa Blue Mica (95-97, not the later one) won out over those. In the sun, it's very popping.

95-97 Audi/VW, Europa Blue Mica, color code is LZ5T, if you're interested.

The 98- Europa Blue Mica was a bit lighter but not as nice IMO. It's code is LZ5K.

Pics in the late day (dark):

firstdrive_LRs.jpg

(More at: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pparaska/firstdrive.html)

Pics (before assembly) in mid day/ early afternoon (sunny):

25Aug2001_rightsides.jpg

(More at: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pparaska/VariousPics25Aug2001.htm )

Quite a difference full sun or not. Those pics are with the same digital camera, same settings, no post processing of colors.

The painter said it had alot of pearl in it, no metallic. Hence the pop.

Posted: 04 Jun 2003 23:43 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one of my favorite shades of blue:

R34 Skyline GTR bayside blue (TV2)

Where can I get this color? I am trying to get a bodyshop guy to paint my car for some parts in trade (I pay for the paint).

Thanks!

Jason