civicmeet_25.jpg

civic_01.jpg

lsturbo_11.jpg

Here is the run!

http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/cheezevsal.mpg

That IS, one bad mother f@#*er...lol!

Hope you enjoyed that!

Regards - Yasin

I'm alittle unsure on this one. I started out thinkin it would be another 12 second boosted hatchback and wasn't impressed. As I read his mods I took note that the 'package' as a whole was obviously built to both breath well and withstand some rpm's with big cylinder pressure. Ok, I'm alittle interested now. Watched the first video. The honda looks like it scoots but not a good enough vantage point to judge. So I watchthe second video. This sucker is freezin up and i had to keep restarting with the play button. Then hand-scrolled the adjustment tab and watched it slow motion. I think the second video (streetrace video) may be BS. I didnt watch it long...only a few times. Both the wheel speed and the road/scenery kinda looked....well SLOW. Slow for them to be racing...and to have been racing for several seconds even towards the end. I suppose I might very well be wrong because my thought about it possibly being a farce was an afterthought. None the less, the Honda seems very impressive. I like the stealth undertoned looks. Not 'sleeperish' enough for my tastes, but it looks sharp. Thanks for the links

RJ

Well he is has an electronically controlled dump tube.....the stock exhaust is purely part of the sleeper look:

lsturbo_02.jpg

Personally I think its legit, as you canr eally here the revs rising hard and fast towards the end of the run on the street.

Either way sweet!

Yasin

Guest livewire23

you're the suspension man mike, what are you gonna do to set up the suspension in that civic? civics come outta the box with a bit of room for improvement...

Those were some sweet vids, I was really surprised that the Civic was only losing a little ground to the Viper, I was expecting it to get blown away. It's unbolted as far as the exhaust is concerned, that pea shooter out the rear is just for show, you can tell by the way the exhaust sounds and how much spool noise is there. Sounds very similar to my friend's EX turbo when he unbolts the muffler.

John

Well Actually we are gonna do an adjustable control arm setup on the front, and We are looking into various coil over kits, and strut assemblies. However, right now I'd be happy just finding some axles and a transmission for the damned thing... 94 Acura Integra LS 1.8 NON-Vtec motor... Anyway, I got a deal on some Eagle Rods for him, so We'll likely get those and some forged pistons so the thing doesn't go BOOM when we dial up the boost... Oh, and there is NO WAY IN HELL that he will beat me... I'm NOT gonna show him how to tweek it :lol: so I can keep his boost down as low as I NEED IT!!! :shock::D:lol:

The ultimate goal is to get him into a Z or other rear wheel drive car... :D

Mike :D

Guest livewire23

I think I know where there are some trannys laying around, but they're all here in CA. Don't the civic axles work? I thought in the B series swaps you could keep the original axles. I know in the F to H series swap you use the F series axles, but in the B to H series swaps you have to custom fabricate the axles. Dice n' splice basically.

Copied from a post he (Cheesefrog) made on a corvette forum.....

Well, bad news. At the Supra TXTK3 meet this weekend in San Antonio something went wrong. Coolant started spilling almost halfway into what was about to be a really nice 1/4 mile pass. I never thought I'd find myself hoping to have just blown a head gasket before. I guess the stock sleeves don't take to well to putting down 560hp+ to the wheels on nitrous & 27psi boost. Geesh these stock Honda blocks are delicate. I'm going to just throw in another rods/pistons bottom end into it and stay off the nitrous. Gotta wait til my VTEC motor is done (with upgraded ductile iron sleeves) til I can make some real power. With the VTEC motor we won't have to run nitrous to make those numbers (and then some), but we can use it if I want to go faster I guess. That was my first time with nitrous and it's going to be my last time, for a while at least.