HybridZ

Got my engine back today and put in the car!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I found another manifold for the drivers side but the stock LT1 manifold doesnt fit on the passenger side :( . No problem though because I have a header that works just fine! :D It's a little smaller than a block hugger header.

So far so good!

I took a picture of the engine in the car, to school(tech college) today and boy was everyone impressed! They really loved the paint! Before now no one would beleive me that the engine would fit but now I have proof! :cheers:

Well I gotta get back out in the garage! :D

Guy

Yeah I have most of the wiring done now. I just need to figure out which wires go where on the starter...

I have the yellow wire from the ignition---I assume this goes to the small connector on the Starter Solenoid?

I have the orange wire for the fuel pump relay---I also assume this goes to the small connector on the Starter Solenoid?

And I have a medium red wire from the battery---does this also go to the small connector on the Starter Solenoid?

And I also need to know wether or not I need IAC valve? The harness that I bought from Darius does not have a connector for it? There is a connector that looks like it goes to it but it doesn't fit. When I checked the pinout on the computer it was a fan control connect(atleast thats what I think) Mudge are yeah out there? Does anybody know if I need this? It sounds important to me. Here's the description from ALLDATA

The Idle Air Control Valve (IAC) valve controls the engine idle speed, prevents stalling due to changes in engine load.

Could it be possible that the connector that I think is a fan control connector is really a IAC sensor connector. Since he had a 96' LT1 and I have 93' LT1 there is a good chance that they aren't the same. I know the knock sensors aren't the same because the connectors dont match up!

Guy

Well I think I just answered my own questions. I looked up the part numbers for the knock sensors and the IAC Valve and they are both different from the 93' to the 96'. So that is probably what that connector is for. :D:D

What about the connections for the starter???

Guy

Yeah the IAT is farther forward than this connector. It is right inline with the TPS sensor. I am thinking it almost has to be the IAC connector just from where it is on the harness.

Can someone help me with the starter wires? :D

Thanks,

Guy

Well it should be "one nice looking car" since I have about $14,000 invested in it! Heck $6000+ is invested in the engine and tranny alone. :shock: I only have about $1500 left in parts to buy though, so that is good.

Yeah I went to a Chevy dealer today to get the VSS connector, back-up light connector, IAC connector, 2 knock sensor connectors, and 8 injector clips for my harness. Yeah the guy told me that they didnt have any of them and that they would have to order them. So he shows me the prices... the VSS was like $32.00, back-up was like $30.00, and the knock sensor connectors were $62.00 a piece!!! :shock: I was like are you kidding? I just want that little piece of plastic that plugs into the tranny. He was like yeah thats what the price is for. I told him to wait on them.

So they got me for $123.89 for 8 injector clips, VSS connector, IAC connector, and a back-up light connector. Now I know why aftermarket wiring harnesses cost so much, each connector is like $40 a piece!

I will post my battery connection question in a different post.

Guy