HybridZ

victor Jr. with built in 1" spacer??

I'm running an edelbrock performer q-jet style with a 1" spacer/adaptor for my holley squarbore, and i don't quite have enough room for my aircleaner to fit on my 81 ZX. The aircleaner is a 1" drop base edelbrock 14" element. I am going to try to get a 2X14 to fit, but the 3" thick one definitely will not. I would get the regular victor junior, and a removable spacer just in case. It's always easier to add a spacer than to remove one that's built in...

Guest Thurem

Buy the Super victor, from Autozone, testfit it and return it to store for exchange Vic jr if fit is bad. Then let the rest of us know what you found.

rockon.gif

Thure

Just a quick update, the performer intake with the 1" adaptor/spacer barely fits (but it does fit!) under the hood with a 1" drop base aircleaner and a 2" thick element. This is on my non-JTR mounted 350 in my 280ZX with recirculating ball type power steering. This is a pretty "high" setup for the motor, I have 3 1/4 inches of spacers between my motor mount and block on the driver's side, and 2 1/2 on the passenger side with no setback plates. I really don't like the aircleaner sitting like this, i'm afraid the top of the aircleaner will interfere with my choke opening fully (it's THAT close), and you can imagine what this does for airflow. My $.02, hope it helps someone.

Bill

Anyone else catch the March HOTROD test on the 383 crate motor?. Using the airgap RPM performer, the spacers, in their words, didn't do squat! In fact lost 25 lb-ft in one test. Usually good for an engine, in some cases not. High praise for the rpm air gap, which produce almost as much hp as the victor jr, but with much more low end torque. For those of you who didn't read the end result: Cam 230/36 544/555 110 lsa, manifold, head gasket, oil pan, Hedman 1.5-1 5/8 tork-step headers, rocker arm, carb, etc, and oil change netted 461 hp@5600, 502@ 4200tq, average tq 2500-4800 478!!! Average tq 4000-5700 475! Thats what I call a flat curve.

JS