HybridZ

Need recommendation on getting fuel rail drilled

jgkurz

Hi all, I just read Bumble Zee's post and got to thinking about my project. I have the same billet fuel, but will be using "O" ring injectors instead of the barbed type.

Can anyone recommend a shop or person that has experience drilling fuel rails for "O" ring injectors? I also want the ends threaded for AN -8. I could probably do this myself, but I'd rather not @#$% up two or three rails before I get it right. :bonk: The hard part is getting the "O" rings to seal.

Thanks

Hi all' date=' I just read Bumble Zee's post and got to thinking about my project. I have the same billet fuel, but will be using "O" ring injectors instead of the barbed type.

Can anyone recommend a shop or person that has experience drilling fuel rails for "O" ring injectors? I also want the ends threaded for AN -8. I could probably do this myself, but I'd rather not @#$% up two or three rails before I get it right. :bonk: The hard part is getting the "O" rings to seal.

Thanks[/quote']

Not sure you can form -AN threads on the rail itself. Thread it with 3/8" NPT, and get a 3/8"NPT to -8 AN adapter to thread into the end.

Also, drilling for O-rings is going to be less error-tolerant. When you find a machinist, make sure you get him a manifold to get the measurements off - when I measured mine and transferred it to the rail, I was lucky I was using hose barbs, as I was far off enough to cause a bend in all my short hoses.

-HTH

• 4 weeks later...

[This is my reply to a different post, but it applies here too.]

I personally would like a rail to fit the below injectors. This style is very common in the Mazda, Toyota, Honda, Acura and DSM crowd. The part#'s listed are Nippon Denso injectors that came on RX7's. I personally run the 460cc version. If you built rails for these type of injectors I'd bet you would sell enough to make it worth your while. The hard part is building a rail that seals the "O" rings properly. These injectors will easily fit in a L28 intake manifold by making a simple modification to the diameter of the pintle caps.

84-85 13B NT low square center 680cc orange 195500-0900

86-87 13B NT low square center 460cc red 195500-1350

86-87 13B T low square center 550cc tan 195500-1370

injector.jpg

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Hey Dudes. I got a 90 something eclipse turbo fuel rail and turbo injectors for only 40 bucks on ebay. what great prices you can get to ask seller to end early hehe. well as you know I will be working on the o ring fuel rail. i looked at my friends 98 honda fuel rail and see how it is mounted on. looks simple enough to design a hold down mount. stay cool. Juan