HybridZ

efi and fuel cell ?????

stony

HMMMMM i dont know why i didnt ask about this BEFORE i ordered my cell.... :twak: but can you use one outlet for a supply and one for a return on a cell that has a sump? it has 2 -8an supply lines and a -6an vent. Im pretty sure you dont want to use the vernt as a return. Please respond ASAP so i can cancel my order and figure out what i have to do

:bonk:

Well the opitimum setup would be to have baffles around or over your sump. Don't know what the internal construction of your cell is but even an open interior should be fine with a sump. By plumbing your return into the sump it will essentially "re-fill" the sump.

Just don't run too low on gas and you'll be fine Stoney.

Not that that way won't work but it's surely not the best way to do it. My cell isn't installed yet but will be next week hopefully. WHat I am doing is putting a bulkhead #6 fitting on top for the return. I am going to eventually use both outlets anyway so what you are talking about wasn't an option for me regardless. Supposedly though it's not good to have the return so close to the feed. The bulkhead fittings are really easy to put in....just have to drill a hole in the cell and the fitting slides through and has a nut for the bottom. I am using a nylon washer on top to make sure it won't leak as well. Hope this helps.

JT

are you going to put an additional fitting for the return. I know for sure the vent is mandatory. This is what i have decided to do also. The return line wiii have air in it and having it close to the return you run the risk of the pickup sucking air, and this kinda defeats the purpose of what im doing.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I use a sump kit say from Cassis Enginering, I use a #10 line to a very hi-flow pump or 2 #6's to two pumps. The sump welds on to the factory tank. I use a bolk head to the upper side of the fuel tank for return. It keeps thing neat in the car and easier to get threw tec.

Not tring to be argumentative, but why would the return have air in it? Were would it come from. I can understand that some people could argue that the return should not be near the supply because of fuel warming or creating turbulance near the supply, but where's the air? :?

Vapours can work there way into the return line by way of fuel pump cavitation on a hot spring day. It is a problem in place where they run winter gas (10% alcohol) but should be unheard of in the south. I would think that air wouldn’t be a problem if the lines were not to close in the tank.

I was planning on dumping the return back into the sump on a custom fuel cell. I was concerned about possible pump caviatation caused by turbulents from the return. Now that I hear you guys are doing this without problems, I'm sticking with the plan. If I have problems with heat, I can always run the return to the top of the cell. I don't really like the idea of running fuel lines in the passenger compartment, especially on a track car, so I'm oping to avoid this.

http://www.zccne.addr.com/Race_Car/4-2003/cell_2.jpg

http://www.zccne.addr.com/Race_Car/4-2003/cell_1.jpg

Pete