HybridZ

I think that this guy may be in for a surprise

Georgia Flash

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2411021660&category=6187

If I looked at this right the guy did not place a reserve price on his V-8Z and it is only up to around $450.00 with just three days to go!

At the bottom of his ad it says something like "5000 invested only looking to get half that" He will be lucky to get 500 at the rate it's going.

If I were close to this car I would have to go and check it out.

Guest Want aZ

Depending on the state, because of the age of the car you can get tags and registration with just a bill of sale, GA is one of those states...might be a good buy though

Yep no title doesn't mean a thing here in good ole GA for a car that old. I was just saying that he didn't set a reserve price for his car that he is wanting at least 2,500 for according to his write up. He may be parting ways with the Z for a whole lot less money than he wanted to. Either that or he may just refuse to sell the car at the end of the auction which isn't good if you want to keep selling on ebay.

Oh well, if it were closer to me I would love to take a look see at it. LOl but yall know the last ebay V8Z I went to look at was less than impressive.

In CA there is paperwork the seller can give to the buyer, and both of them send these forms to DMV (seperate for each). I bought a 69 Firebird with no title (it was PNO for so long it fell off the records), and just got a sheet of paper for my bill of sale/transfer of ownership, and DMV gave me no hassles.

Guys - that car is from Binghampton, NY. I lived up in that area for three years. That car is probably a total rust bucket. They salt the roads heavily each winter and it's difficult for anything that old - especially a rust prone Z - to escape the assault.

I have heard folks on this site refer to the little Z often as rust prone. Let me just say this about my little experience with rust on cars. My doner car for the 350 was a 1975 Camaro. My Z is a 1975. The Camaro had 100 times the rust that my Z has! Both cars are southern cars.

So I just think that it depends where and how the car was kept over the years. By the way my Z sat unattended with the hatch window broken out for for 5 years.

Haha I knew he screwed up the first time I saw it. When you run something with no reserve man you are taking a big chance. I have seen guys with mint 67-69 Camaros run there cars with no reserve though with no problems. I saw a sharp black 69 Z28 go for over 30,000 dollars on ebay once.

Glad the Z guy figured out what he did wrong. Maybe he was watching this thread, who knows.

Crap, are you kidding, 6x Camaro with no front clip sitting out in a hayfield for 10 years will fetch $2500 at least, I saw one just a couple months ago. I am sort of considering one still, but I think I'm getting a C5, I want one so badly right now :D 99-00 FRC.

Of course cars like this sway my opinion all over again

pic35.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ProfessorRog

my boss has a 68 camaro with the original 327 and 3 speed transmission, he bought it new and has driven it almost everyday ever since. It is absolutely flawless, he really looks after it. As far as I know everything is original, except the wheels, he bought some new ones last year that are a little larger than the OEM, but he kept the orignal hubcaps on it. I've always kinda wondered how much it was worth, someguy came into the pharmacy once and offered him $25k, but he would never sell it, too much sentimental value.