HybridZ

I can't get the search function to work re: turbo oil feed

SleeperZ

I was looking for the post describing an aftermarket oil supply line for a turbo. I think someone mentioned -3 line as being the perfect size (not needing a restrictor), but -3 stuff seems to be scarce. If I were to use -4, what is the proper restrictor size for the stock turbine and stock (L28ET) oil pressure?

I take it back about the -3 fittings and hose. Summit doesn't list in their catalog, but the part numbers show up in their on-line catalog. It is just more expensive than -4...

So, -3 without a restrictor should work well for a stock T3 turbine? I also plan to plumb my fuel pressure gauge to the base of the windshield (temporarily), and -3 should work for this as well.

I run a -4 (approx 1/4" id) line.

-3 (3/16" id) is really the correct line to use, unless the line length is excessively long (probably not the case unless you run it around the engine twice or something :) ). You should use -3 teflon line and the appropriate hose ends for this - the temperature rating for the teflon line is higher.

-6 (3/8" id) is generally considered too large - you want to limit the oil pressure going to the cartridge.

• 4 weeks later...