HybridZ

More Login problems

Dan Juday

I'm about to give up and start writing letters again.

Tried to login today only to be returned to the login page over and over again in an endless loop. This has happened to me before, often in the morning when I try to check the site before leaving for work. I don't have the time or patience at that time of day to pursue it. I just grumble and remember the good old days (read: the old site) when this never happened and I didn't get logged off and the site would remember me and I would not have to log back in every ten minutes. Yes I know it's a run-on but I'm typing fast so I can get this in before I get logged off again. (GRRRR)

Well tonight I tried for about ten times and no luck. Left it alone for about an hour and still no luck.

I finally got on after checking my cookies for the nth time, yes, they are enabled, and out of frustration I deleted my hybrid cookies and said no more!

Well that worked, or maybe the moon moved 2 degrees while I was doing it and I just didn't notice. Anyways I am very close to saying the hell with it. Can someone who REALLY knows what they're doing seriously look into this SOON.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dan, This is the first I've been on since the switch. The topic invalid session got me thinkin' (that's bad) I have a cheap MSN that came with my cable hook up. Gave it a try and I'm on. AOL was my problem. AOL worked great till the forum switch, now it doesn't cut it. You by any chance on AOL?

I do not have AOL. I have a local service that is very responsive. They have looked into it and say the problem is coming from the site. I may be able to get around the problem if I download Netscape and scrap EI 5.1 for Mac. I'm going to try that either tonight or tomorrow depending on how long it takes to download.

BTW' date=' for the first time since the software change, I've had to login again...ie, it didn't remember me. Logged in ok, but wierd? :roll:

Tim[/quote']

Now you're one of us. :twisted:

Welcome to the club. The fun is only starting. :cry:

Guest Phil1934

I clicked on to see my name and the topics highlighted. No more logging in. Thanks to somebody. There's hope for the rest of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan,

I wrote you that I kept getting rejected via the "invalid session" route. After my note, it was remedied for about 10 days and now it's back. I've given up going back and reproducing the posts as I don't have that kind of time to do them 2 or 3 times over again, so I just abandon it.

This didn't happen with the old format so I can't help believe it is associated with the transition.

I have no assurance that this post will get through; or if I'm just wasting more time.

DAW