HybridZ

war movies

David K

Which one is your favorite out of the provided options? Base it off emotions, depression, joy, and humor.

If you feel that this poll is missing a movie, and you would like to vote on it, DO NOT vote on any of the movies listed and let me know and i will throw it up with the rest of the options.

I vote Saving Private Ryan as my personal favorite. It shows everything, makes you feel as you were there and were best friends with these men who get blown away. I think a movie that toys with your emotions and disturbs you is a great movie!

I havent seen Deer Hunter, but my father told me it is very disturbing.

Guest livewire23

deer hunter is mad disturbing. It has a real long beginning that could put you off though. Platoon was kind of disturbing too, and it got my vote. I have still yet to see BHD, although I really need to. Three kings isn't on the poll?

Guest silverbullet

Sorry Jim, I completely forgot about "Midway" yes it is an awesome movie, amazing cast of old hollywood heavyweights I would have to give that and "The Dirty Dozen" my equal vote and to a lesser extent I also like "Kelly's Heros" with Clint Eastwood :-D

• 1 month later...

All of those movies are great. But Saving Private Ryan has got to be one of the best. I think every kid should see that movie. When they are storming the beach and just getting mowed down, kids just don't understand how lucky we are today. People just don't respect their elders like they should, especially when they had to go through crap like that!

Not a movie, but related to what PeteW said, there's a book called "The Greatest Generation". I think it was written by Tom Brokaw, the news guy. It's about that generation of men and women. The thing I got from it was, think about those guys at that time. They were born into the cruelest depression the country has ever seen; just as they were becoming men and things started looking better the war came along, and they had to step up (did you know they instated the draft because *too many* guys were signing up?); then after that was taken care of they came home, put those memories aside, and built the most beautiful and powerful country the world has ever known. Now they're dying off, and I don't think most of us have every talked to any of them about that time. I know my father plain refused to talk about it, though I know he was a bomber pilot; my best friends father didn't tell him that he was in the Pacific theater (Wake and Guadalcanal) until he was in his twenties and was himself a veteran; most of them just never brought it up with their kids. It's a great book, and well worth the read.

I'm torn between "Patton" and "Saving Private Ryan," so I choose "Sahara' staring Humphrey Bogart.

Other good, but not mentioned war flicks:

Tora Tora Tora

The Fying Tigers

Enemy At The Gate

A Bridge Too Far

The Longest Day

Das Boot

The Enemy Below

Destination Tokyo

Run Silent, Run Deep

Murphy's War

Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison