HybridZ

The Hybrid Hooters Weekend!

Two40MuscleZ

For all of those that either didn't or couldn't make this years MSA...there's always next year. However, for the handfull of us that did...a good time was had by all...isn't that right Owen!!! A brief recap; Friday night a handful of us gathered at Anaheim H00ters. For those of you who have never indulged in that relm before, it was great. We all forged many memories that night...you name it we did it. Food, drink and conversations, with good friends, complimented by the uncompromised vistas that abound within. Hell of a way to kick off the weekend. Saturday...well, we will let ZR8TD and ZROC fill in those blanks. Sunday, another classic Southern California weekend, filled with Z's, blue skies, warm weather, great conversation, and women! To end the festivities...as we started in high fashion, we also ended at the same starting point back at Hooters. My personal thanks Tim, Owen, Spencer, Z R8TD, Zroc, John, Dave, Dan, Miles, Chad, and Theresa aka "DaBoom". You all made my weekend. And for those we didn't quiet make it...next year will be even better.

VAN

Well I may be coming to Cali, but I'm not sure the details just yet. I'm trying to set it up so I can fly into Either John Wayne, and do everything I need to do around the San Diego to LA zone, or Fly into Sac and visit with Steve and Ian and the guys up north. Might be June or July timeframe, so stay tuned... If I can get some time with Sandy Cook, My trip will be spent there...

Mike :D

Thanks Van! Yes It sure was a great kick off to the weekend.

Thanks also to Tim for staying up and meeting me after I got into LA.

Thanks to Owen for taking one for the TEAM!

Thanks also to Miles for the spin in the dragonfly! Cool Zedding down the highway in CA!!

The pre MSA meet should start to be a regular thing for us Hybridz'rs. Its too bad I didn't get to meet all of you. If you saw my shirt, you shoulda just yelled at me. Soooo many people came up to me, I was quite busy, and I only made one round of the show...and I was there for HOURS! hehehe you were all great, and as usual, everyone was friendly, and was quite willing to talk about their great Z's!

Ok I'll fill in a bit more where Van left off. The Hooters thing wrapped up realatively early..after dark for sure. Though the hotel was not overrun completely with "Zed"s hehehe, we managed to pack ourselves into the hotel sports lounge for food, beer, games, and yes.. lots of Z talk. We ended up shutting the place down, and they threatened to toss us out on our asses cause they wanted to close. :cheers::D

I did morning rounds of the hotel parking lot, and it took several hours to complete a lap just talking with all the other Z owners in the parking lot. Way too much fun, and everyone was very friendly...even if I did keep saying "Zed".

I did not participate in any of the autoX events, or the tours, but many others did not as well, and those of us toured around the city, some scalped tickets to the baseball game 1 mile away, and yes..hit some of local nightclubs, gentlemens clubs etc.. :flamedevil: Fun was had by all, and even better stories...you all know who you are.

Thanks also to The280gal. Vicki. It was great to meet you, and you were a great sport! Cool tat! :rockon: and congrats on the 3rd place 280Z OEM class.

The post MSA Hooters bash was also just a start to Sunday night. I never made it out of Hooters for a few more hours cause another group of Z folks were pulling in, and forced me back in for some more drinks. After that, a pile of Z folks were staying an extra night...we were all tired, but we forced ourselves to party some more, and we did all right! It was a very long night indeed!.. I need a vacation from my vacation.

Monday I was on my own, and cruised up the coast into longbeach for some sight seeing, then on home that evening.

Anyone else like to chime into to their little piece of MSA?

:cheers:

Jeez Mike, I'd love to meet the legend. Its great that you're coming out here. Maybe we could plan that little indoor karting thing I've wanted to do around your stay. That is, if budget and time allows. Let us know when you get a definite date, I'm sure many of us Zers (or Zeders as the Canadians have established, eh) would like to meet you.

I'm sorry I missed out on the Hybrid stuff. Maybe next year I'll have some money to stay in a hotel. I won't have to stay in my friend's dorm room in Santa Barbara and drive down in the morning. I guess that's what I get for being an indestructible youth, yet extremely broke. (Guess I should get my real estate license, so I can afford my car habits.) Hopefully, I'll be able to get a much fuller MSA Hybrid experience (Well, not full, I'm only 19 and won't be 21 by next year).

What I managed to see was great. I want to get my Z done soooo bad now. Some of the cars were really pretty and well put together. I think I now have some new ideas. Guess I better get my rear in gear and learn how to weld.

Next year, I say Bay Area/Nor Cal/Sacramento caravan down south.

Guest livewire23
I'm only 19 and won't be 21 by next year

heh. strange how that works. Hey, what are you plannin on doing with the Z? You goin the SBC route or what?

We'd all like to see the one and only mike(no offense to all the other mikes :D ), maybe if you could make it out in the beginning of june we could have a little shindig.

I'm pretty much set on the SBC at the moment. I'd love to throw a turbo L28 and T5 in there while I slowly gather money for the SBC. I'm not planning on going cheap. A little lower compression for room to boost. Scat ultralight setup which has been fully balanced from them. I want to go full programmable fuel injection with the intake setup from the Aussie company. I can go on and on, but I'll leave it at that. If I get my website running one of these days, I'll put up all the motor stuff including some invisible cage type modification ideas.

Yah, I know a few ways to make sure I'm 21 :lol: It's funny how that works though.

Well after the goings on over the last few days, and after consulting with Steve and Ian, I may end up in Northern California for several days in June/ July. More to follow... But I'd like to get back down to the LA/ Orange County areas. We'll see. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted, as I'd like to make myself available to anyone in the Zcar community for dicsussions about Hybrids and things Z related.

I already have a place to stay if I come to LA, Right Van? :D

Stay tuned...

Mike :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jcorbett

Scott, I couldn't believe that you left out so many details. That must be because you had to drink so much of our low powered beer. ah?

The real story is the tatoo! I have never seen a guy flash his arm as much as that crazy Canadian. How did you find Ms Vicki? And why are you blocking her in the photo,ah?

Corbett

Well after the goings on over the last few days' date=' and after consulting with Steve and Ian, I may end up in Northern California for several days in June/ July. More to follow... But I'd like to get back down to the LA/ Orange County areas. We'll see. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted, as I'd like to make myself available to anyone in the Zcar community for dicsussions about Hybrids and things Z related.

I already have a place to stay if I come to LA, Right Van? :D

Stay tuned...

Mike :D[/quote']

I hear Hooters calling!!! :D:D:twisted:

Tim

Details details.. way too many details to mention here..some shouldn't be mentioned here either.. :flamedevil: . I literally talked with hundreds of Z people! When one group packed it in for the night, I'd tag along with another group and go out again..3-4 bars in a night...And the Tat?..what can I say I didn't get it to hide it, and besides the ladies in CA love it! 8)

Hybridz'rs,... Jim here was with us for the pre MSA hooters bash!.. He came for a while for the post bash as well (maybe to see "Da Bomb"..not sure), but could not resist the temptation to see a baseball game Sooo near by! Super guy and the Pres for the ZROC club in Ohio as well. I had him saying "zed" after a couple of days! hehe.. People kept asking if I was the "ZED" guy! hehe Didn't take long for them to figure it out though...

And Vicki?!..hehe I heard a rumour from some others at the show that she had a Z tat, and just had to see for myself. Z freaks need to stick together ya know! There were some pretty over the top Z afficondo's there! :bonk: :flamedevil:

It was a great weekend!! I think I fit in 2 weeks of fun into 5 days!