HybridZ

Hooker block huggers/LT1

flibuoy

Anyone care to comment on LT1 plug to header clearance with 2100 Hookers. They advertise improved clearance to straight plugs but no mention of angled. Also how did you handle Oxygen sensor bungs? I plan to put in the reducer after collector flange so as to not bother the ceramic coating.

john

Guest Anonymous

They clear but you will want to use a set of plug wires with 90 degree boots. I just welded 02 bungs in the exhaust system near the colloctors where space would allow. Mark

Patriot makes a block hugger designed for d-port heads and angle plugs. Also uses a flare fitting to eliminate the gasket from the collector to pipe juncture. Summit and Jegs both sell Patriot (A Pertronix co.) in painted $149, and coated $229.

Has anyone used the Patriot headers on the angle plug LT1 in an early Z ? I noticed they were $40 or so cheaper than Hooker coated. The flared connector reminded me that at one time I used a Ford 429 or ? donut which was 3 inch on regular headers just by adding longer bolts...worked like a charm. May be food for thought with someone at this stage of build. john

• 1 month later...
Patriot makes a block hugger designed for d-port heads and angle plugs. Also uses a flare fitting to eliminate the gasket from the collector to pipe juncture. Summit and Jegs both sell Patriot (A Pertronix co.) in painted $149, and coated $229.

Thanks Mike. Does anyone know if these clear the steering shaft on a 280Z?