HybridZ

I have to disagree by half

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

what keeps fuel from vapor lock is pressure more than anything. on a hot day your gas tank is being heated up by the hot pavement. if your racing you think you want to run around with a full tank. at most 2-3 gallons. think about it.thanks

i keep hitting the wrong button my apologies. this is regarding the water cooled fuel rail also i said not to cool the fuel when running around but only when parked. read it again carefully. how is the return line going to return any fuel when the car is parked? it hold pressure at stock 30 psi.

Well, there was a reason for the ZX injector fan - to keep the rail a bit cooler and prevent heat soaking of the injectors. If your fuel pressure is maintained when the car is shut down, it certainly is more difficult to vapor lock, however the fuel return ensures you will purge all vapors as soon as you fire up the pump. A deadheaded system is prone to vapor lock; I've never had any problems with the Z EFI fuel system.

As far as racing goes, I race with a mostly full tank. God forbid my pump sucks air on a good launch - boom, instant lean condition under boost.

I will let my ZXT get a little low racing at the drag strip, but I would not do it in my 240. When I had the tank modified, anything under 1/4 would cause it to suck air, which quite frankly, SUCKED.

I don't have to worry about vapor lock with a 4 bar fuel map. :lol:

OK I've seen your site when Chris Holmes told me about it, I did his wiring, any way What I saw was a few little thing I have a suggestion instead of rails and spacers hows about the idea of a new intake manifold with velocity stacks with shorter larger runners that will flow higher than stock. Or a turbo equal length exhaust header. Things like this are of valve as would be a DOHC Crossflow head for us Like the one OS Giken produced. If you want make the fuel rail run Frayion from the A/C system that will cool it off the best. But if I remember the reason for vapor lock was that the fuel temp increased to a sertian point, it was because of the length of the stock rail being about a mile long. I've never had vapor lock even on the stock rail and I got that car really hot, a little too hot and it ran just fine. It's just a suggestion I hope that you will concider it.

tbs

I have never had problems myself.I get asked for a fined version while others say the standard rail is fine. We will see what hapens thanks.

and thats drag I ment not doing 90 degree turns and twists