HybridZ

MY wife just paid me the ultimate compliment...

Mikelly

Tonight, Over Dinner we were discussing goofy things, and I got on the subject of my mom and Dad, and I told my wife how much people respect my dad, and how much I looked up to him over the years because how people in our community spoke so highly of him and how hard he worked, how resourcefull he was, and how he has never "Quit" on anything he tried.

I told her that I've always tried to meet that goal of being like him, and she stopped me and told me "You're there. I knew it on the first date." I almost cried... Funny, but I don't see it that way...

I guess perception is everything, Huh?

Did I mention my wife is the most wonderful woman in the world? If not, Pete will shortly...

Mike

Guest tt350

Took ya that long! Hehe sorry, im just kidding :D

I dont even know how old you are!

I know im faaaar off from where my dad is (only problem is, my dad thinks racing is the work of the devil :twisted: ) :-D

But heck, im not marreid yet, so I guess I have a lot of time to "form" for my wife to notice.

Im happy youve reached your goals man. Story almost made me cry :D

You are a lucky man. :wink: Not only do you have a wonderful wife, but having a Father that you hold with such high esteam is an added bonus.

I have a great relationship with my wife, but I haven`t said more than 10 words to my "dad" in almost 10 yrs. On the up side I guess I could say that I passed him up years ago. :)

Guest livewire23

I know for a fact that a lot of folks on the board have much respect for you, myself included. Sounds like you've got a wonderful wife there. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
You are a lucky man. :wink: Not only do you have a wonderful wife, but having a Father that you hold with such high esteam is an added bonus.

Ditto - what Denny said.

Mike, I've met your dad, but we didn't get a chance to talk much - he's a very quiet guy - just like my dad. From what you've told me about him, I do have alot of respect for him. He taught you alot of good qualities to emulate, and because of your parents' passing on wholesome values to you, you've gone from having nothing to having alot (and I'm not just talking about money, income or goodies).

Yeah, Donna is one of those women that ought to be cloned. You waited a long time and found the RIGHT one.

Oh - I agree with Donna completely - you've done it and I can guarantee you that if your dad ever does open up about this topic, he'll tell you so as well!

It seems to be a rare trait for todays men to acutally look up to and respect their fathers. My brother inlaw acts as if his dad was slime most of the time, Now my father inlaw is no angel, pretty disfunctional family, but he's not really all that bad!.

I've always wanted to have my dads patience, As kids my mom would say he gave lessons to Job, the bibilical character! I had a conversation with my mom a few months back about all the things I've gone through in my marriage, disfunctional Inlaws living next door, work and other stress. When I made the comment that I hoped I would have the patience that dad had and my mom laughed and said I was way past that and working on Sainthood! How do you answer that kind of statement?

I Guess You don't. You're there... Or so I'm told. You're probably like me and don't see it in yourself though... SO MANY THINGS I feel I need to improve on... Language, patience (as a certain spindle pin found out last night...) Money management... Tons of things I need to work on... My dad just seems to have it all together, and makes it look easy!

Mike :D