HybridZ

got a deal !!!!

stony

not z stuff but i bought an old gmc truck today 1969 shortbed to be exact in decent shape... has some rust but runs great fro 2500 bucks;>

my question is are there any good reaserch stuff out there to decode vin. everything i have found is chevy related and dosnt make sense past teh 4th digit?

the vin number is ce10dba17388

i know what the CE1 part is but the 0dba dosnt make sense??? 17388 is the production number

can anyone help? know any good sites for old gmc/ chevy trucks.

another one for any potential buffs....Do the coresponding chevy and gmc front clips interchange. ie fenders and grills? i like the chevy grill more then the GMC ;>

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com from the home page, link to GMC Paul's, he has a GMC decoder I believe. If not, register and post on the 67-72 General Info board your question. Paul and a few other guys can answer for you. This is a good site, but beware that it is not as technically savvy as this board and there are LOTS of teenager types who want to make their truck "louder." No offense to teenager types anywhere meant...

What other goodies are on the truck? Leaf or coil? V8 or 6? Inliner on the 305 V6? Two wheel drive or 4? Step or fleetside? Got pics? Here are a couple of shots of my GMC trucks. Eventually hope to have a shorty as well as a Suburban.

truckalcoa.jpg

jimmy.jpg

Guest silverbullet

Mike, nice Jimmy, that is one of the vehicles I have been wanting for yrs. now either blazer or jimmy I figure I will have to spend a few duckies as I want to get one in good shape :)

Thanks. Believe it or not, that's the vehicle I learned to drive in... To say the least, it's part of the family! My Dad bought it in '76 and it already had 115k miles on it. It was totaled in '88 by a giant '74 Lincoln and became mine with 252k miles on it. Has somewhere in the neighborhood of 330k now. And the original 4 speed and t-case have never been touched! Good luck in you search for a Blazer/Jimmy. You won't regret a.) buying one and b.) spending more money up front!

is it hard to swap to a late model bed on these older trucks? i have seen it done just curious if its relatively easy or not. i like to go with a chevy 90-94 stepside. nice and smooth with easy lines to match up;> what do you think?