HybridZ

How do i mount this radiator?

hello all,

Im changing the mounting of my radiator and was wondering what some of you have done? Its a griffen raditor with a single mount on the top, I personally dont like it this way. So i've received some Aluminum Z channel, To possible make my new mounts. The other way actually warped the radiator its no longer flat :roll: , any suggestions on straighting this thing out again?

Thanks

Ron

[/img]

are you sure it was flat to begin with? I bought one of them awhile back, and after removing it from the factory box, I noticed it was warped.

I just braced it with my feet, then gave it a hardy twist, and what do ya know, it was strait like it should'a been. :lol:

After thinking on it awhile, I sent it back and got a refund though... not for the reason above, I just went a differnt route. :lol:

The radiator core support in any 240/260/280 flexes. If you solidly mount any radiator to the core support it will slowly be torn apart. Fabricate a bottom tray that the radiator sits in (padded) and a couple top clamps that bolt to the core support and hold the radiator in place (again, padded).

Exactly... The radiator should float or sit in the "Craddle" as I call it. Let it have a bit of wiggle room. I'm getting ready to weld tabs for the lower mounts on BOTH my Zs and I'm actually gonna rotate the radiator forward, since I've removed the core support on both cars. I think the radiators are supposed to flow best when rotated forward 30 degrees. I'll have to research it to be sure though.

Mike :D