HybridZ

Two amazing Z's from MSA! (sweet custom body / TwinTurbo)

I finally got around to surfing all the great stuff i missed at MSA this year. :evil::cry: Looked to be an awesome showing. I enjoyed the pics

I was impressed with these two that i had never seen before. Just beautiful work man, geez. Both very creative executions. Its so pleasing to see the Z community continueing to develop and create...and it appears the envelop is FAR from being pushed to the limit!

MAJOR KUDOS to the owners of these cars! I just felt these deserved a look if you havent seen them yet

Jason

2dsc06743.jpg

:shock: carbed and twinturbo :shock:

2dsc06744.jpg

Stock hood...but the tubs remove any stealth the hood affords.

2dsc06755.jpg

Ok...this IMHO is gorgeous! Are those the headlight assemblys from the early 90s Oldmobiles? NICE JOB

2dsc06759.jpg

and Im diggin the tailights too!

2dsc06758-med.jpg

Nicely convertable-converted. Looks clean. Daddy like! :D

Guest ON3GO

wow i as just about to post of that was a miata windsheild... that looks nice.

but that red Z ran a 10 sec at 137.. and it has 800hp? something doesnt seem right.

mike

The guy did say that he was lifting at the line because he would get kicked off the track for going faster. His HP numbers are estimates from DD2000 I think, or maybe he was using his 1/4 mile times to estimate?

Nice Old Guy and seemed to not be a B.S. artist.

Tim

Guest ON3GO

well i wasnt saying he was B.S.ing, but it just didnt sound right, thats why i as wondering if anybody knew the whole story.

mike

Guest gprix1

OMG, I have to have those headlights!!! I have the 280YZ body kit and those headlights would be PERFECT!

Please, if anyone know what those are from and/or where to get them...

- Rick

Guest greimann
OMG' date=' I have to have those headlights!!! I have the 280YZ body kit and those headlights would be PERFECT!

Please, if anyone know what those are from and/or where to get them...

- Rick[/quote']

My guess is 93+ Camaro.

camaro.jpg

My friend has a cutlass I had toyed with that idea I think it would work great.... what do you guys think about the miata windshield I want more details. Do you think it would be structurally sound would the miata top and assembly work and look good. Anyone know whos car this is or more pics. Thanks guys

I spoke with Michael Johnson (sp?), the owner/creator of the black roadster, about those headlights. He said that he got them from some aftermarket company, not an OEM item, and he couldn't remember where.

The car is even better in person. The fenders are fabulous. I grabbed John Washington and drug him over to talk with Michael about a posible partnership. Want to see a kit of those fenders? E-mail John and threaten him with money.

That is the ONLY headlight modification that I've ever seen on a Z that I'd consider duplicating, and the fenders are sublime (look it up :wink: If a kit ever came up that duplicated those fenders, I'd seriously consider selling body parts to buy it.

Guest gprix1

On my way home I stopped to look at a Camaro and sure enough, they look exactly like the same (or damn close enough). Looks like I have found my headlight solution.

Hey Dan, remember that project scope-creep conversation we had the other day? Well... this doesn't count! A guys gotta have headlights ya know :D Everything is going to plan... really it is :roll:

Guest Ted-Z

Dan,

You were not the only one who talked to him about a partnership. Hopefully John will have better luck than I did.

THAT CAR WAS GORGEOUS !!

Man Im jealous! :x

Seems alot of you got to see these cars in person and even meet the owners. I'm sure they are both blue in the face from answering questions after those shows. Prolly lovin every minute of it too :-D

Those headlights do look alot like a early-mid 90's Oldsmobile headlight assemblys.

i-1.JPG

i-11_B_L.JPG

I agree on the comment about possibly copying. I'm not one to do that usually but....I mean shit, LOOK at it!

:hail:

• 2 weeks later...