HybridZ

1/4 results, should i be happy or sad?

fl327

well, right now im pretty happy about the results. went to the track with twenty minutes notice (sears point/infineon raceway) with all my tools (about 100lbs worth in a tool box and a backpack) in the back, a 3 ton Jack and jackstands, six pairs of pants, and a full tank of gas. ran to see how fast my daily driver really with all its daily driver stuff in it, and me, 6"3 230lbs. car is 75 280z with L28et, my guess is the car weighed in at around 3000lbs probs more.

ran a j-pipe

7psi (reading from boost guage on a stock unmolested wg)

44psi fuel pressure, 4 gallons of 100 mixed with 8 gallons of 91)

300zxt turbo

240sx tb

3" straight pipe exhaust with stock DP

car ran 14.9@ 90mph in 83 degree weather

60' was never better than 2.2 with 215/60/15 H rated yokohoma tires

reaction time was at best .555 and worst was .892, no real launches just blipped the throttle and dropped the hammer out the gate, best shift point for me was 5800, at 7psi all i could hear was wastegate opening the whole way down the track. car has awesome launch characteristics, it just squats and goes, no wheel hop at all, ill try harder next time.

my first run resulted in a 16.7 @ 77 , my throttle pedal got locked down under the carpet and i had to throw it in fifth from second, and i still beat the integra next to me!!!! that scared the crap out of me until i found out it was the carpet. i burned my clutch up something furious on that run and later on i found that in third my clutch slips alot, going from around 6 to 3500 on a hard 2-3 shift. i got five runs and ran the 14.9 twice, i got cocky and wrote 14.7 on the windshield and got myself eliminated for running another 14.9 and messing up the dialin, if i would have kept 14.9-15.0 i would have gotten close to winning that bracket dangit. i was three cars out from the glory..

car ran well for me and in the heads up races none of the three ricers that ran could get with me, it made me feel a lot faster than the car really was, so i cant complain. from doing the math i got 171 rwhp- which is a lot more at the crank, which is definitely something im happy about, these runs were all my baseline runs. car was showing no pain, driveline felt great, now its time to get some more juice out of it.

next trip up ill have:

line lock

Npr IC and 2.5 IC piping off tb and 2.5 to 2.25 to 2.0 off the turbo, yes it will be goofy.

HKS SSQV properly installed

11-12psi

225-45-14 BFG comp T/A Dr's

jacked up fuel pressure

MSD 6al-that throttle sticking coulda done me in, needum rev limiter.

im leaving all the weight in the car though, this car is a daily driver and im gonna drive it down the 1320 just like i drive it to school, crammed full of crap with tons of tools and speakers and tuned just the way ill get coffee in it, like a real car.

once the car gets faster than 14.5, which i think it will next time i go to the track, im gonna stop trying to make it any quicker, and im gonna finish the body work on the ride and install some more amps.

i didnt prepare to run the car and just said WTF lets do it, and i suprised myself and found i really like this car, for the investment that i have in it and the stock efi and the flapper door, im extremely satisfied my work hooked me up like so. all this, and i get 20-22 mpg on high fuel pressure, and the highest my temp went up in the hot weather was 185!!!!!!!!!!!

i know my times arent up in the stratosphere like some of the guys here, but i did this on a real slim budget, with a driveline that cost me less than 1k to drop in and drive to this point, and commute 70-100 miles a day in, aww yeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh.. :D

Guest livewire23

boost that sucker already. What are you running stock boost for? Is this the same motor you ran 15psi at the street races before?

So you carry 3 ton jack everyday? :D

IMO' date=' you need more MPH. more boost[/quote']

yeah, ive been carrying one in my car for six months though,

i just lightened the car up and now i carry a 2 ton jack!!!!!!

next run ill be boosting a whole lot more, but right now im tuning for reliability for than anything, so even at the next boost level, i plan to be able to drive it anywhere, anytime... i need to hook up the fmic, but i went and got a 6AL box, so if my throttle ever sticks again, ill be ready.

sucks though, the box sucked all my coupler money :cry:

Well let's see. My last pass I had a 2.3 60 foot, spun so bad in first I had wheel hop, so I shortshifted into second, missed 3rd, blew the intercooler line in 4th, and ran a 14.2@92. :roll:

I think I ran high 8's in the 1/8th mile with my stock turbo engine with J pipe in a 240, so you are doing ok.

im almost ready to go back to the track. just installed ic and 2.5 pipe to tb

and 2.5 transitioned slow to 2.0 on the turbo, didnt turn up boost yet, the thing jams like jelly on the freeway, car also seems to run a little smoother with the fmic in, plus it shows from the front!!!!!!!

need an msd box still

a little more tuning and more driving, and ill try it again at the track.

14.0-14.4 range-----its getting painted, and im getting me some wheels:D

Guest livewire23

lucky you. i finally put the car all back together and now the engine runs so rich that the plugs foul just after cranking it a couple of times. I'm thinking that maybe the dizzy is off by 180º, but its hard to check because im having a hard time getting the plug wires in the right place before the plug fouls. maybe you should stop by. I still need a working boost gauge.

Guest livewire23

DAMN YOU LEN!!! you said that thing would be muffled a bit by the turbo. :twisted: that beast is the most ferocious sounding car I've ever heard. :D There's no way I could get anywhere in that thing without being pulled over. Shit that sucka is loud. Anyone have a temporary way of muffling a car? :roll: My car sounds like a 1000 burps a second.

you already have the car running with the turbo?

thats quick. yeah the turbo should muffle a bit, but not with an open exhaust, you probably just have the dp on it right now huh?

if you run a 2.5 out the back it will be quieter, even without a muffler.

youre nuts, yeah ill come by later this week or something and drop that guage off to you for sure, wanna see this running rich monster youve got there.

Guest livewire23

heh, took me longer than i expected. Its not boosting right now, my wastegate actuator wont be here until friday, and IC piping not until monday. im gonna try and drive it to the gas station soon, that ought to be interesting.

I'm getting ready to install a split pipe that will switch my sbc350 240 from GlasPaks to Flowmasters. It isn't very hard to do once you have the piping run...it's accomplished with an adaptor that splits one pipe into two pipes. The adaptor contains a "door" that closes one pipe at the flip of a switch. If you'd like to know where you can get one drop me an e-mail.

phstightend@hotmail.com