HybridZ

JWT beware of these jerks

Guest De Schmaydee

Guest De Schmaydee

...finally got this jwt ecu upgrade pkg...i was told it would take 3 weeks...it took 4 months and they lied about it the whole time....only when i went to cancel the order did they send it.....

...i have just gotten through splicing in resistors removing damned near half the engine and destroying the old cold air intake (to accomodate their cobra maf).....got everything just about completely installed....went to plug up the injectors.... WRONG INJECTORS....this car is ruined and it will take days and quite a bit of money to get it back again.

...the inj's are almost identical to the originals......if they were local..or w/in a couple of hundred miles from here i would already be in jail...because somebody's ass would be mine....

...if you get one of these ecu's..... youre married to this bunch of idiots..and they absolutely dont give a crap once they have your money.....its not a pleasant thing.........be warned... .........s

Guest De Schmaydee

...i thought so too..... the more people i talk to, the more i find that is not the case....the injs i have are the right flow,they just wont fit on the fuel rail correctly and the zcar connector caps are not right for them...no big deal if they would have told me beforehand......i've talked to some other guys who have had their systems a long time and had the same problem a long time ago.....so jwt has to be aware of them not fitting but continues to sell them and dont let people know about the problems.........s

Guest De Schmaydee

......the diameter (i.d.) of the hoses is smaller and they wont fit over the retaining hump on the barbs....the zcar connectors are not the correct ones for these injs. bosch makes a different one for these...the zcar caps have to be forced on really hard not sure whether it will be a dependable connection or not ....looks like they are made for mid 70s volvos and mercedes....like i said before...they know about all this...all they had to do is let me in on it beforehand and i could have made provisions for it and there wouldnt have been a prob.... ....s

I'm pretty sure the JWT sport 400 kit uses Mercedes 450SEL injectors. They are Bosch 36lb/hr low impedance injectors. I'm running them on my turbo setup. I had no problems with the hose size, but I'm running a custom fuel rail. The hose is 5/16" though, and I'm pretty sure that is correct. The connector is different. They should have sent you new connectors.

To get the injectors on the stock rail, try a little WD-40. I use it all the time to remove old injectors from fuel rails, and I think I used it to get the Mecedes injectors on my custom rail. They will go on, it just may take a little persuading......

Pete

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Hey De...didn't I talk to you about a programable system once before? Well lesson learned at least I learn it from you. If you need help with a fuel rail I could send you the parts to fab one yourself (easy & cheap). I think you can probably find the connectors for the injectors at NAPA. Good luck man sorry to hear of your problems.

i wouldnt buy a jwt system-heard you cant tune it yourself.engines are like people-every one is different.if you cant drive the car to thier shop you might be screwed-it will have to be dynoed to make full use of the money that was spent on it.efi systems are getting better-soon there will be systems with 5 wire o2 that will program themselves for a certain af ratio.i wouldnt use a hot wire maf-they are sensative to vibration/mounting problems.

It is the injector connectors, to trigger the injector.

Not an issue, I had to replace mine. Over time in a high heat environment, the originals harden, and won't slip on the new injector.

I put new one's on mine, and never had a problem. Most on wiring harnesses that old are not in good shape anyway.

If you went to a stand alone, you would have to buy new one's anyway.

i wouldnt buy a jwt system-heard you cant tune it yourself.engines are like people-every one is different.if you cant drive the car to thier shop you might be screwed-it will have to be dynoed to make full use of the money that was spent on it.efi systems are getting better-soon there will be systems with 5 wire o2 that will program themselves for a certain af ratio.i wouldnt use a hot wire maf-they are sensative to vibration/mounting problems.

Have you tried one? If not, then you should. I like mine, and while it is not a stand alone for sure, it works pretty well, and they can tune it with some simple measurements from the sensors, and a dyno pull with a wideband.

I got one very early into the Cobra MAF changeover, and it took a few chip revisions to get me where I needed to be. No big deal. They have so much data on it now, that they are very close to dialed in right out of the box.

A side benefit is not having to retune every time you change something, like say a cam. I have not had any issue's with my maf either, and the system has been used for well over 3.5 years. Actually I have had no problems with the system at all.

Have you tried one? If not' date=' then you should. I like mine, and while it is not a stand alone for sure, it works pretty well, and they can tune it with some simple measurements from the sensors, and a dyno pull with a wideband.

I got one very early into the Cobra MAF changeover, and it took a few chip revisions to get me where I needed to be. No big deal. They have so much data on it now, that they are very close to dialed in right out of the box.

A side benefit is not having to retune every time you change something, like say a cam. I have not had any issue's with my maf either, and the system has been used for well over 3.5 years. Actually I have had no problems with the system at all.[/quote']

That's one of the reasons I'm sticking with my Z31 turbo ECU. It may not be a JWT, but it is insensitive to engine mods. And the way it is performing with a modified MAF and large injectors, it should be able to deliver the power I'm looking for, for not a lot of money.

Well there are some nice things about the JWT. They optimize the maps for 93 octane, instead of making them capatible with 87, like most factory cars come with, even turbo's.

They can also move the rev limiter to different places, which I like, mine was moved to 7k. They can also remove it.

They can also do things like run NOS, have multiple maps for different fuels, and in my case, add a half volt step into the MAF circuit to give me more power potential.

I am going to look into letting them control my NOS eventually. I think that would make it really easy to have it come on via the TPS signal, and at a preset RPM, and turn off at a preset rpm as well.

I think the multiple map capability at the flip of a switch is a really nice feature.

Yeah you just got to understand the way they work. They do some much international work and big time racing work that the little single purchaser doesn't get priority.

They are also really busy towards the end of the month, so trying to get them to do anything then is crazy.

I learned early on in dealing with my Z and building this engine not to expect anything to happen in a hurry, except money going out of my pocket. Everybody takes time to get their stuff done, its part of the business. Want fast, get a SBC.

I am still waiting for God to give me patience. :lol:

I keep praying for it and waiting for it to come. :wink:

i remember reading a post on another z site awhile back slamming jwt because they could not get a car tuned correctly after somebody bought a system from them.since i have a dyno at work(its not a dynojet-its a smog dyno)i can use it for 80% of tuning and buy time on a dynojet for peak hp tuning.my point of view on an efi system that cant be tuned is like buying a carburator from summit and bolting it on hopeing the jetting is ok.

Well how do you know the person installed the system right?

Second, if you are buying the JWT system, then you are making a decision to install something in your car that is what it is. Complaining that it is not tuneable is wrong, it is tuneable, just not by you.

You can also change other parameters on the car. For instance, you can adjust the timing, cam timing, fuel pressure(if you use a different pressure regulator), spark plug gap. Optimize it on a dyno with a wideband, send Clark your dyno pulls, and he can do something with it.

Usually all they have to do is make some minor adjustments to the timing maps, thats what they did to my car. You can see what it runs with a full weight ZXT, its no slouch. Yeah it isn't what James or Scottie run, but there are people with stand alone's in lighter cars here that I would embarrass on the street or drag strip.

It is reliable as stock efi, and that is the primary reason I went with JWT. I spent a lot of time looking around, and talking to Clark out there.

I will say this, if you are an idiot, and buy their system, you are asking for a let down. You have to have a decent working knowledge of efi, and the ability to take some measurements to get your system dialed in. The same thing would happen if you bought an SDS, Haltech, TEC III, or whatever.