HybridZ

Got the finger today

Moridin

Some dude in a Prelude flipped me off the other day when he was going in the complete opposite direction. I don't even know the guy. What an a**. To bad my car isn't fast enough yet to be competent with those punks, otherwise I would have whipped a U-turn and showed that guy what a real car is. It would've been embarassing if he had a T3/T4 turbo sitting under the hood. Anyways, just needed to vent.

Oh, and one more thing. Some idiot in a 5.0L Mustang made the comment that my car sounded like a weed wacker. I told a SBC was going under the hood. He turned up his nose and said "At least it will be a little bit faster then." I hate those guys. I wanted to get out of the car and pound his brains in. He makes the Mustang community gag. I should've told I'd go get the '03 Cobra and see what's up them. I hate stupid people.

Ok, now I'm done venting, really. Well, maybe...jk. I'm done.

Guest ZmeFly

my 72 240 had no probs smoking ludes as they were annoying as flies and as far as rustangs were concerned i could hold my own.

hehe now though with the ZXT i really make fun of the ludes, and the stangs or any other V-8 car, well i dont worry to much.

looking at your signature you shouldnt have no prob with a lude or with hold your own against a stang. ive embarrased and well made a lot of stangs thing twice about making fun of my little beast that still had the 2.4 block!

Well you underestimate the power of pulling a u-turn and chasing the guy down. I bet he would have hauled ass in fear.

Screw mustang guys. I took care of one for you at the track the other night. HIs little tag holder said "have you chased a mustang today"

Mine should have said NOPE!!! :lol:

I beat him by over a second thru the 1/4 mile, and I did not even run that good.

Just smile and assume they're just telling you their IQ :P

Actually, that is the best thing you can do. Why? It will become easier for them to do that 'thing' more and more until they do it to the wrong person....and then they will reap everything they sowed: "sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."

Just shine them on--don't play their game; then they are in control of you, not the other way around.

Davy

I'm no expert on US cars but aren't the stangs not THAT quick? Whats the 0-60 and 1/4?

What Stang are you talking about? Current GT's do alright, but the older 5.0L really were sucking wind. They weren't that fast, but I don't believe it takes much to get one going. The 2003 Cobra on the other hand will do 0-60 in 4.5 sec and 1/4 mile in the mid twelves with the right driver. I only say the right driver, because most magazines use the "right" driver to show you what the car can do.

Speaking of the Cobra, the bolts holding the AC on were sheared off in the block. I was amazed. The thing only has 5112 miles on it, and those little bolts let go. I lost power steering (not fun when the car weighs 3800lbs with you in it), AC, water pump, and for some reason lost brake boost too. Not sure why that happened, but it did. They are fixing it under warranty, but I'm beginning to believe all the things my extended family said about Fords. FORD - Fix or Repair Daily - now ain't that the truth

Screw mustang guys. I took care of one for you at the track the other night

I ran one last weekend and beat his 1/4 time, but lost due to me sleeping at the light. :oops: On a positive note I did beat a Z28 Camaro that day. Timeslips for my car are here:

http://members.cardomain.com/lifegrddude on page six.

Ran that day with a full tank of gas, a set of tools and street tires set my street psi of 30. My 60' time suck though. Anyway, the 95-97 Mustang GT's aren't that fast. The newer 99> are mid 14 runners I think. Or at least every single one I've ran has been there. The older 5.0's I guess that depends on condition. My cousin must have had a factory freak cause his a/t with just flowmasters and 151K on the motor ran mid 14's. I'm hoping to race a guy here with a 5.0 m/t one, he keeps saying that Z's are rice and that a V8 is the only way to go... typical "domestic rice". I can't wait till I get back from Japan now to race him. If you're in San Diego and see a black 5.0 with a primer body kit on it, well, there's the guy.

John 82ZXT

Haha. Well I haven't had my sbc 240 but a few days, and after (nearly) resolving most of the cooling issues. I took her for a spin in hunt of one of the many local ricers. Well my heart just swelled when I caught a glimpse of the local "quick" SRT-4. Haha. I didn't even have to pick the fight, he's revving away at the red light as I pull up behind him. The light changes green and he takes off...I goto first and just ease down (easy on the tires :)) pick up a little speed, stand on it, catch a tire...pass him...shift to second...lol...and turn. I'd seen enough. SRT-4's are quick little cars stock, I'll give them that. I mean 14's in a car at that price is exeptionally good.

It was fun, but I better go ahead and go jump on some of the 5.0 Stallions running around here...and one new GT who has a fast reputation...then again, when you race stock Acuras in a GT, you would likly get a fast rep...

Can't wait for that kill...he was revving at me the other day and I didn't notice until I stopped at my buddies who'd heard him...in fact, I hadn't even noticed he was in front of me... :cry:

Haha...but I'll get him here soon...

:)

Later,

JB

Guest livewire23

I have a prelude, and seriously, I think my 280z could've ran with it. And I gave my friend (who has a base mustang) ride, and he thought my prelude was real quick. :roll: Goes to show what those mustangs are packing. The base has some 195hp and its quite a bit over 3000 pounds.

Of course now my Z is a Zt, so there's no contest. If I had an exhaust I could probably go ricer hunting. In fact, I can hear some ricers racing out on Union City Blvd right now. I swear, next week Im goin to start up the car as quietly as I can, and just prowl up and down UCB. The ricers show up every night. This one'll be for you moridin.

my buddies old 92 5.0 ran 15.0 at his best with a basically stock engine with 170k on it and a whole buttload of bolt-ons (no internals or ecu mods) and a 3.73 rear.

87-93 5.0 runs a 15.8 stock. not that fast, not that slow either.

5.0s have 225hp and 300lbs

some years have 205 and 285lbs.

the aftermarket for fords is also pretty cheap, the factory stuff is very competitive with the aftermarket, most 5.0s arent that fast, but some are very very fast. new Mustangs, ridiculously fast.

Preludes? oh cmon.

my v8z dominated street racing in general for three long years, ive taken down 5.0s in the double digits (really arent a problem, until they strap on the paxton and or nitrous, then you have to really drive a good one to get em), and a handful of preludes, most of my honda beatdowns were civics and gsr;s.

We lowered a prelude and installed a jackson sc kit on it, and it still ran even with the 5.0, in five different light races.

(im convinced theres no hope for them) in my old neighborhood Im known as the guy with the crazy old Z cars, now that i run a turbo car, they think its the old v8 car with a turbo on it, and generally dont try anything funny. That there was a bad ass ride right there, it won me money, street fame, and the right to say im the king of import racing. :D

Ive grown up a little since then, but i still have almost 100 import and domestic kills under my belt, thats an average of one race every three days for three years! And the cars that beat me really knocked me for a loop, like a blown pantera, 300zxtt running 15psi on upgraded turbos and race gas, T78 Supra, GN with slicks, and yes- a 5.0 with a 100shot nitroused 331 stroker with a carb.

Notice I know everyones combo thats beaten me,

If you cant beat em, join em. Thats what i did. Also notice, all those cars have forced induction too

COINCIDENCE?

Guest livewire23

I stock prelude Si runs about a 15.7 stock, the VTEC stock runs 15.2 That makes them both faster than your 5.0 running 15.8. So preludes aren't the slowest thing ever to hit the planet... The only thing is, its hard to get them into the 13s, and 11s are damn near impossible. You dump the same amount of aftermarket into a 5.0 and you're pretty much guaranteed to run faster.

Just standing up for my parts runner here. :D <---666 Posts, don't mess with me :twisted:

thats nuts, preludes really are supposed to be that fast, i checked,

my buddy has whooped on preludes before though, thats nuts, i just assumed they were slower than that because i havent seen one yet that looked like it was going that fast. they dont feel that fast thats for sure, they do rev like a mofo though, i used to cruise my buddies 2000 sh at around 5k all the time, he had a crazy stereo system in that car, so i couldnt hear it. i like driving that car, it feels completely gutless with the lack of torque, but reving that sucker to 8500 is wild!

Guest livewire23

well, I was talking about the 4th gens, I dont really know much about the 5th gens. The prelude does accelerate real smooth though, its cool when you have to pass on the freeway or something. And if you think preludes are torqueless, try a civic. I think the preludes have the most torque of any honda motor. NSX and S2k excluded. Of course that aint saying much, the other motors are all smaller than a bottle of coke. Except the accord V6, which is just a weak motor.

i used to have a b16a 92 civic back in 96, when it was actually "rare"

to see them on the street. it was bad ass, i thought it had heat at the time, i was killin the entire honda family pretty good. a good friend and i both had the b16a civics mobbin, pretty quick car, still, no torque though, but fun to spin it to 9k and punk other hondas with. it had every bolt on imaginable and a roll cage, another rare sight to see in 1996. man that car had a frekin 5" exhaust tip!!! im very happy i have no pictures of that car, believe me.

arent the 5th gen preludes faster than the 4th gen ones?

Guest livewire23

the 5th gens push the same HP as the VTEC 4th gens, and I believe they're 80 lbs heavier. The SH is another 200lbs heavier and its only got 5 more hp. My guess is that the 4th gen is more aerodynamic. I dont really like 5th gens. I think the 4th gen looked better, had better seats, etc...