HybridZ

Garrett t04ebb is it too big (photos of t04b and e with link

fl327

a guy in my neighborhood just got busted street racing his third time, and is getting his second trip to the bar station to get his car checked out

i am in the process of returning his car to stock, and fixing a few other problems he is having with the car. after were done, he never wants to race again, so he is giving me a gang of turbo parts.

for partial payment, i am the new owner of a

Garrett Ball Bearing T04e

4" inlet

2.25 outlet

vband discharge band type flange

compressor is polished

turbine housing ceramic coated

compressor is stamped 60, thats 60-1 right?

turbine side is stamped .58

turbo is so new the overspray of ceramic coating is still clear inside of the vband flange.

this turbo makes my t04b look a nissan t3, and makes my t3 look like, a baby baby snail. what will this work like on a stock turbo car? man this thing is amazing big, and shiny. im just wondering how bad it would kill the lowend in my car. i know this turbo look ridiculously way too huge for what im running, but i dont know for sure, what will this turbo work like on my engine, i know this question has been asked a million times, but i seriously have the turbo sitting on my lap right now, almost talking me!!!

anyways it was sized for a honda 2.0 engine that was looking to break into 11s , i am wondering if that is a good thing in this case, since the exhaust side is kinda small. this turbo is pretty bad ass lookin, the wheel spins so easily i can almost blow on it to get it to spin. whats it look like, this is yet another area that makes no sense to me, turbo sizing logic and the compressor maps. i would like starting to make plans to install this sucker with the tial wastegate i am also the new owner. anyways i would love to hear from the more experienced and educated in the turbo field, and thanx.

Guest ON3GO

no that turbo is not to big..

its the one i want to run.

was told with a good port job, computer upgrade, 42lb injectors, and a FMIC, with exhaust and suhc. 350rwhp is right there. at 15psi on pump gas.

ive been doing alot of research on that turbo. its really a nice nice turbo.

mike

screw it, specs confirmed. its time to rock. i figure i can spend some money since i saved a bunch on the turbo, which i estimate to cost around 1200 or more.

t04e garrett, full ball bearing, wheels still unknown, but whatever, i figure at the worst it will still be a major upgrade right?

i think it will be a great upgrade now i think about, if you flick the wheel, it spins two or three times!!!! i cant even imagine what that would be like when my exhaust is making it spin, oh boy. getting parts now, looking for an adapter and a spacer for the turbo, looking into setting up the tial external wastegate, and a new downpipe configuration.

im gonna run it at low boost with an egt and see how im doing down there, if anything ill be happy to replace the mystery turbo.

did i forget to mention its polished and ceramic coated with an fittings?

yeah later this week im taking it to my buddies shop to get the exact specs on it, either way, this, 10psi through the npr, should hit prett good,

if i can spin it with my fingers that easily, it should hit hard low to top end.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Looks good man, the exhuast housing is a bit small being a .58 but the exhaust wheel looks extra freakin large. I would measure that then if it is a TO4P exhuast wheel your good. I would still go larger on the exhuast housing but if you have stock EFI, the car will be very responsive. I sell the TO4 flange for around $25.00. I do have a .70 divided T3 exhuast housing that I can machine to fit that turbo, that would be the bad boy trick. It is a Uro housing and doesn't have a wastegate accomodation but you have to do that anyway. That set up would be the trick for you on that fast spooling turbo. Good luck man have fun.

Alex C

Guest livewire23

hey, when Im back in town in mid august we'll have to talk if you still have the t04b. I'll see how my trip works out tommorow and see if the car hits hard enough to keep me satisfied.

BTW, you have any ideas why I can't get over 5 hg in./ 5psi? Could take a while to trace a tiny vacuum leak like that. I'll start by going to the store and grabbing another bag of little clamps, :evil: and then clamping everything down. In fact, I'll get new vaccum line, and eliminate the charcoal canister altogether.

Kito

get an afm and an ecu for that car pronto

get rid of the cannister, that car will never pass smog now no way no how.

check for leaks off the intake and exhaust manifold, which i dont think you have.

mess with the timing some.

grab all the tps sensors that you can too.

let her rip

youre not getting any rpm out of that car, that could be why you cant make more than five pounds.

hey that car felt pretty good, good response before it wants to stall out at 3k.

im almost certain once you swap out that ecu and afm, your car will hit its full powerband.

good luck.

zcarsmakemyheadhurt, alex

i tried to call you twice, didnt feel like leaving you a message because i didnt want to hog up your time that you could spend making some immediate business. im interested in that housing swap, im thinking it would simplify a few things for me, also like the idea of a full t04e in hybrid disguise, that would throw people off good i think, shoot if they dont look at the compressor i could tell em its the stock turbo.

also into picking up some parts like that flange, and could use some recommendations on mounting this sucker as well, im starting to try and sketch out the new setup, so i will really need some input thats for sure. i will probably at least the wastegate configuration done in a couple weeks, as well as a downpipe. anyways ill hit you up dog.