HybridZ

dream z

lemme see here, i already drive my dream car, what would make it the ultimate..?

full tube frame,

firewall two inches back

six piston brakes all around( gonna need those)

c5 front suspension

big block corvette irs with inboard discs, four link posi 4.56 with magnafluxed half shafts and r n p

subframe with spider arms, like a vette

flared and tubbed, 17x15 all around zo6 rims with 335 50 series GLOW IN THE DARK scorcher ta tires,

some nice leather seats with five point harnesses for him and her, mp3 cd changer with contols on steering column,

on board voice controlled diagnostics,

anything from oil pressure to fuel curves, ignition, timing, nitrous activate, boost, air condition , hazards, door unlock, whatever, its got me covered and the computer has a womans voice that only speaks Mandarin chinese and recognizes only my voice,

nice interior, speakers mounted on headliner and doors, full fiberglass tilt front end

ram jet 502 twincharged, with a centrifugal supercharger spooling two really big turbos, with three stage nitrous ready for the one who would have finished first....

race built t56 with a higher first gear and direct drive 5th, with the .62 sixth for freeway cruising. chevy orange with a bre paint job just to make everyone happy..... icon_wink.gif

Guest JAMIE T

Ok, I'll bite. My Dream Z would(will) be my '72 with a custom tube front subframe(already in progress, thanks to good photos from Ron Jones, thanx Ron). The roll cage(already in the car) will tie into the front subframe. It will have coilovers, and big brakes from Mike/SCCA. Fully adjustable control arms from Mikelly. A full one piece fiberglass front end(already have that too). The car will look just like the Wangon Midnight car(ZG Flares and BRE spoiler), only my car will be new GM Sunset Orange Metallic, and have 17"x9" Volk racing/Rays engineering TE37 wheels in bronze or white. Interior will sport some Sparco or Recaro racing seats in tan leather or suede, to match the rest of the tan leather trim in the car. Autometer ultralite gauges(silver). Also, it will have full power everything and a killer stereo, with video and a Playstation 2 for DVD ability, and a flip down moniter when you open the hatch(for playing Wangon Midnight at car shows) As for motivation, A turbo'd LT4(better heads and intake than LT1) stroked to 396 cubes, and a T56 trans and an R230 3.69 VLSD rear from a Q45. Yeah, that should do it.

Jamie

Guest Anonymous

*240z, stock body with a couple scratches and dents(sleeper icon_smile.gif) BUT rear fender flares (Why you ask? This car is for me, the red on black C5-TT in the garage is for the ladies icon_wink.gif)

Under the hood...

*350 bored/stroked to 427 out of vette C5-R (same suspension & tranny, adapted for 240)

*custom lingenfelter TT's

*block hugger headers linked 90 degrees to glasspacks exiting right under door just in front of rear tires with custom bowtie tips

*Custom 16 x 15 reinforced alum. drag slicks with same style rims in 16 x 8 on front w/ street tires

*Combat spoiler (just to make fun of rice)

*All around limo tint

Don't get me started on stereo, I won't be able to finish, let's just leave it at there will be custom boxed solo barics in all available sizes icon_smile.gif

Interior: custom red and black leather all around with black racing seats with red 5" chevy emblems and red 4-point harnesses (no nut crusher strap, thanx)

Lastly, a huge f***ing sticker on the rear windshield in chevy red that says "I don't race rice, I eat it"

• 5 months later...
Guest the_dj

I couldn't resist. I found this in a search, so here goes.

78 280Z (might as well start with at least one thing I have already)

406cid aluminum block sbc, d-1 procharger running 18psi boost, built top and bottom for an 8500 redline, 180 degree headers + x-pipe to make it sound like a 4-banger, all assembled by me of course.

Handmade, by me, fiberglass/kevlar composite body panels for that dream look that resides only in my head.

HRE 19" rims, black centers with polished lip. 255 up front and 345 in back.

Digital dash run from a laptop computer that ties to the engine ECU, software of course written by me (any pattern emerging?? I like to do it my way??)

Nothing in the way of big fricken stereo or anything...not my boat.

I want things different.........anyway, I'm sure that 900hp in a Z that sounds like a 4 banger would be ... scary?

DJSS

Ahhhh what a fun post.

Guest Anonymous

A 1970 Datsun 240Z black on black. Then I'd put in a 93 Mazda Rotary TT engine from an RX-7. Upgraded brakes and suspension and a 280ZX LSD rear end.

Guest Anonymous

71 240Z

LT1 stroked to 383, Eagle H-beam rods, Eagle steel crank, JE Pistons (11.5 to 1), Lingenfelter ported heads, GTP-6 cam (.568/.592, 236/242, 112LSA), full length headers, NOS Fogger system with its own fuel supply and two 10lb polished bottles in the rear, T56 with a Pro 5.0 shifter, McLeod Street Twin clutch, custom aluminum driveshaft with Spicer solid joints, 300Z twin turbo rear, drilled and slotted rotors, 4 piston calipers, 17s with Nitto DRs in the rear, 6 point bar, fuel cell, onboard fire system, Killer stereo with plenty of sound deadening, shaved door handles/drip rails/fuel door/antenna/B pillar emblems, custom carbon fiber hood, custom front air dam and rear valance, custom rear bumper (front deleted), black paint with ghosted graphics, black carpet, red and black Corbeau seats with black harnesses, AutoMeter Ultralight gauges in a custom fiberglass dash (in keeping with the original, but with a few twists), laptop with LT1 Edit hardmounted to the bottom of the dash, and the ECM/fusepanel/batttery/amps/subs/changer all mounted under a custom rear subfloor, out of sight. WheW! And yes, thats how I am going to build it. 2thumbs.gif

Nice cars. Here is the car we are working on. This is pictures as it was when I bought the car. We have rewired the complete car, installed the original dash and much more. The exterior is the same, except we have added a scoop the the hood where the blower used to set.

We will have new pictures soon. We ahve the car running again and plan to have it inspected Monday.

Nice cars. Here is the car we are working on. This is pictures as it was when I bought the car. We have rewired the complete car, installed the original dash and much more. The exterior is the same, except we have added a scoop the the hood where the blower used to set.

We will have new pictures soon. We ahve the car running again and plan to have it inspected Monday.

http://www.waskomtexas.com/zcar

waskomtexas@waskomtexas.com

My dream Z would be to get mine back from the fabricator so I can put the pedal to the metal. I dropped the car off in Phoenix last July and the project is taking much longer than I had hoped. cry2.gif

Once I get it back I may add to my dream. ;)

my dream Z...

1969 Fairlady Z

body:

-midnight blue paint

-fender mirrors

-euro bumpers

-432R grill

-432R spoiler

-ZG flares

-air dam w/o brake ducts

motor and drivetrain:

-built RB26DETT w/ 900hp at all four wheels

-Skyline R34 GTR 4wd drivetrain w/ Atessa pro and super Hicas

-HKS 6 speed sequential gearbox

-twin HKS GT3540 turbos

-Apex N1 titanium muffler with 3.25in straight piping

chassis and suspension:

-full rollcage

-re-enforced body

-custom front and rear triangulated strutbars

-Brembo brakes at all four corners

-full coilover suspension

-Watanabe 17x11 with drag radials

-Volk Racing TE37 17x11 with drag slicks

interior:

-HKS gauges

-digital speedometer/tachometer

-2 Bride Brix racing seats

-everything past the dash gutted

other little things:

-HID headlights

-LED turnsignals and tailights

-Nardi steering wheel

-pine air freshener

i think that would be one hell of a z.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by S30Z Bushido:

motor and drivetrain:

-built RB26DETT w/ 900hp at all four wheels

-Skyline R34 GTR 4wd drivetrain w/ Atessa pro and super Hicas

-HKS 6 speed sequential gearbox

-twin HKS GT3540 turbos

-Apex N1 titanium muffler with 3.25in straight piping

wow you read my mind, especially about using the skyline's unique AWD system. is the ATESSA pro system sold aftermarket?

BTW sequential gearboxes are VERY expensive and most can not handle anything close to 900 hp

Here's my Dream Z:

1- 426 all-aluminum Hemi with Saenz con-rods, Ross forged-pistons, titanium pushrods with a single T88 ball-bearing turbo, firewall moved back 2" (powering rear wheels, (2) superconducting electric motors producing 100hp each per front wheel

2- X-Trac 6-speed sequential tranny with carbon fiber driveshaft

3- 14" carbon rotors, with 6-pot calipers upfront, 13.5" carbon rotors and 4-pot calipers

4- Double wishbone suspension configuration all-around with computer controlled hydraulically-actuated shock absorbers and computer-controlled active sway-bars a la BMW 745i and active camber

5- Full tube frame and carbon fiber body-panels

6- 1000+hp capacity VLSD with titanium axles

7- 0.24 aerodynamic CD

8- 17x8 Simmons forged wheels upfront, 17x10 in back with Hoosier DOT racing slicks

9- 5-channel Brax amp, Rainbow PRO 6.5" component speakers upfront, 5.25" components for rear fill, Velodyne subwoofer

That would be my dream car! Remember, this would still be a stock-looking car (relatively). Would be a kickass sleeper!! :D