HybridZ

dream z

hey guys i thought it would be fun to list every mod you would love to do to your dream z and just see were it gos. who knows mabie we will get some new ideas

ok im young so i have lots of time left to make this happen but there are a few things i might never get around to

-71 240z

-chevy 350 and all the normal v8 mods like brakes and suspension

-5 speed from a 280z

-cobra style side exaust but i cant deside if i want it mat black or cromed (saw something posted about a z car with it)

-really nice headers

-wider tires in the back

-epoxy based under coat of paint with a nice dark blue with two blood red strips down the senter with one silver stripe in the middle

-blood red interior

-im not even going to start with the sterio stuff

- custom bumpers (mat black steal 2 inch bars)

-2 inch sway bars

-the last finishing touch is i want to find some of the z hubcaps

well thant it for now mabie ill pick up some good ideas from you guys

Guest Anonymous

Heh, my dream Z would have an all aluminum 426 Hemi. Don't care what kinda Z, what color, as long as it had the Hemi I would be happy (and some good brakes too icon_eek.gif )

OK I'll bite (as always):

240Z with 8 point cage & subframe connectors, body kit by Reaction Research, Integra headlights, custom tribal-flame paint job ala DavyZ, 17" Volk Racing wheels with freakin' WIDE rear tires, 13" Brembos, GC suspension, ZF Racing camber adjusters, Modern-Motorsports big rear brake kit, Alcantera suede leather covered Momo or Recaro seats, Momo steering wheel, Momo pedals, Carbon fiber dash with white Autometer gauges, kickin' stereo with, carbon fiber panels, MBZ carpeting, new glass all around, lots of Dynamat everywhere, etc.

As for the engine & tranny:

Aluminum block 377 with lightened steel crank, AFR heads, H-beam rods, CompCams solid lifter Xtreme Energy roller rockers, etc, twin turbo setup with stainless steel headers & plumbing, EFI with MSD Digital 6 ignition, polished T56 tranny with Pro 5.0 shifter, Centerforce clutch, etc, etc. R230 rear end with CVs and all new hardware.

I figure with about $4000, I can get what I want pretty easily...in my dreams icon_biggrin.gif

BTW this topic has come up again and again--and I hope it still does in the future. I love to dream about "what if..." with no limits to $$$ and that kind of thing. Keeps me creative in dreaming up the ultimate Z-car.

Davy

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: DavyZ ]

Drysump, slant-mounted L28 (as Electramotive's 280zx turbo), intercooler, T5 Garrett,

stainless steel exhaust manifold, HKS 6-speed, 2-stage injection (2 injectors per cylinder),

6 IR TBs, good brakes, suspension, tires/wheels onto sleeper, stone stock 240z exterior icon_smile.gif

Kazu

for me it would be kind of like a jap ferrari. Toyota 5lt v12 (Comes from some barge called a century in there domestic markt) moded to put out around 600 hp. no turbo. love the sound of a nat. v12. Really big feet and brakes 275 in front 335 or sim out back. no chrome, no bumbers, flares made to give it hips so the are not so obvious. 6 speed box probable out of a supra...............

Douglas

Guest Anonymous

82 280zx 2 seater

600hp 350chevy

85 camaro toploader 5 speed

12 point roll cage

9 inch rear tubed with mickys 18 inches wide

hooker headers to duell 3 inch exaust

summit raceing seats 5 pice raceing harness

if im lucky some wheelie barrs icon_biggrin.gif

haah i think ill leave it there sence i am curentily building this car and havent decided what to do about the body yet besides its guna be black smoke let me know what you think about my drag Z im building

icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

damn knew i would fogit somthing got to have my 411 posi rear gear haha wouldent it be cool to see a 454 rocket in a z or a 460 but you would only end up with a boat anker in the front of you z but still would be cool

How about this:

+-550ci all aluminum big block, twin turbo, FI w/ nitrous injection (3 stage of course). 'Vette C5 rear suspension (gearbox mounted at diff---great for weight distribution). JCR wide body kit and the fattest @ss tires that can be squeezed in. MOMO everythying inside and a 10 point cage, oh and will probably need a parachute and someone to follow behind me to refold it after every stop sign icon_biggrin.gif

Obviously, some 13inch rotors and brembo calipers icon_eek.gif

Nice to dream, huh...maybe one day when my numbers hit on the lotto icon_rolleyes.gif

Tim

Guest Anonymous

I'll go with cheaper goals here, a all forged 355 with blower pistons in it, EFI (not sure which brand, probably Tec II, or maybe something much cheaper like SDS) Single turbo (big), nice spearco intercooler (big), keep my T56, add a 9" Ford rear w/4 link. 8 point cage. Painless wiring (this will happen one way or another anyway), racing seats would be nice, something cooler than my Miata seats. Color unknown yet, I thought the other day about hugger orange with the white strips like the early Camaro had one year, but more than likely candy apple red, or dark blue. 5 lug conversion with Weld Rodlites and the full brake upgrade to some like Ross and Mike sell. Coilovers all the way around. It wouldn't be tubbed (at least not much I don't think), but I could get about 275+ tires in the fenderwell.

Thats about it I think, sure theres lots of other stuff I'm probably forgetting that I want, but besides a tig welder and a bench shear, slip roll and metal brake, its all I think I need. 500 hp or there abouts would be fine. Body mods, probably Custom front end sheetmetal of my own design just to modernize the lines.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

wish i knew how to do this body work you guys do i have seen some of yalls cars and my eyes are like BAMMMM i just cant do body work hummmm... oh well i might just stick with a stock body mabey i can find some one around me that can to body work that and guna charge up the yeng yang

82Racecar,

There are several good body shops in the Va Beach/ Norfolk area. Do some searching, but beware, cusome bodywork isn't cheap! I'll be doing all my own work since I have someone in the family who used to paint cars and I have an HPLV Gun to break in.

Oh, my dreamcar... just click on my link, then go to http://photos.yahoo.com/dat74z and check out my current status!

Mike icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

Complete coil over suspension, 7.0 liter LS-1 based motor, 650+hp, custom racing prepped 6 speed sequential trans with paddles for shifting, Pratt and Miller honeycombe carbon fiber body structure acting as space frame for additional chromoly tubing, Brembo/Alcon 6 piston calipers, BBS race magnesium 18's, 295x11 fronts, 335x13 rear, fire system, Data acquisition system, individual wheel speed calculators, Motec engine man. system,traction control, rear mount transaxle, inboard brakes, and a whole slew of Simpson safety netting and gear. This would not be a street car but a ALMS Corvette C-5R chasing Lemans style car! Sky is the limit right. Also thought a Z with the 360 Modena engine and Aluminum tidbits would be cool. DavyZ, know anybody that would trade a wrecked 360Modena for a TT377 Aluminum Donovan Block?(HEEHEE!!!)This was a good thread, anybody want to make a strictly race "imaginary" road race Z to do battle with my "C5240R" prototype...Fairlady327 has to have something up his sleeve... icon_biggrin.gif

Its a Sharp and I have not used it even once. We'll be testing it out over the winter though. Some of the mods I'll be performing to the body are:

Removing the rain gutters

Fixing the rear flares

Filling in the Gas lid

Filling in the vents behind the 1/4 windows

Adding 2.5 inch flares up front

Adding the Gnose

Fabricating a front Spoiler for the Gnose

Belly pans front and rear

Rear Spoiler change out...

On the rear spoiler I'm looking at adjustable sheetmetal units, as well as simple BRE type units...Not sure yet.. E-mail me your examples of cool rear spoilers on Zs!

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I have another dream Z...a Z so fast that it would lauch you into alternate dimensions icon_biggrin.gif

Wonder what one of THOSE would do the quarter mile in! (hey, he DID said DREAM Z)

72 240Z, BMW V-12 from a Mclaren F-1 linked to a six speed rear transaxle. 10 point cage with top chopped by 2 or 3 inches to bring it down to more of a Cobra Daytona profile.

13" brembo disks front and rear with 4 piston calipers. Suspension modified from McPhearson strut to double A arm with inboard mounted coilovers. Various carbon fiber body panels to reduce weight and tweek the areodynamics enough to hold the nose down at 200+Mph , and cupholders.....two of them.

Guest KraZ4spd

Mikelly, Let me know how that removal of the rain gutters goes for you. I need to do the same thing. Found two pin holes of rust when I was poking around right above the driver side 1/4 window. post the process if you could.