HybridZ

Miata Seats

Guest Anonymous

• 4 months later...
i got miata seats, all years will work. replace the mazda rails w/ the nissan rails and use washers as spacers to clear the bottom the the seat from the floor, pretty simple install.

I just nabbed a set of Miata seats, and they bolt locations on the bottom of the seats aren't even remotely close to the bolts on the Z's rails. Did you have to drill new holes in the rails?

i got miata seats' date=' all years will work. replace the mazda rails w/ the nissan rails and use washers as spacers to clear the bottom the the seat from the floor, pretty simple install.[/quote']

I just nabbed a set of Miata seats, and they bolt locations on the bottom of the seats aren't even remotely close to the bolts on the Z's rails. Did you have to drill new holes in the rails?

Yes, you need to drill new holes in the Z sliders. It's been a while so I am a little foggy on this but I think I kept the original front holes and drilled new rear holes. Also, I am 6'3" tall and didnt want to add any spacers to the seats. If I rememeber right one side bolted right on with no spacers and the other side (the one with the adjuster) I had to use a die grinder to cut some of the alluminum pan from under the seat. Also, the mazda seat is more narrow than the Z seat so you will have to drill new holes in the seat frame in the car. I just kept my existing holes that were near the console and drilled new holes on the door side. I cant really tell that my seat is 1/2" off center from the wheel and it gives me more room with the roll bar.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
how much do stock 240 seats weigh? either individually or both together? Just curious. I'm considering finding a set of Miata seats also...

all i know is that they are HEAVY. i have taken them out more times then i can count. man im glad they're gone! even the sliders them selves add a good amount of weight to aftermarket seats

especially in the later models 98 99 and above, I myself have Z32 seats in my car, fully adjustable (manually of course) but nonetheless very nice and still NISSAN :twisted: