HybridZ

help please. my car is swamped with water!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

I looked in MSA's, etc etc books and on the net but i cant find those little rubbler peices there are in the floor boards, and hatch area.. tere like everywhere.. and today i went into my car and there was a good 2 inchs of water in my car eveywhere.. im glad i have no carpet in there.

can anybody help?

Mike

Guest ON3GO

i think its coming from the plugs....but there in there.. around every plug theres water... werid i tell you!

and its not like the car was driving or etc.. just sitting out in the street.

Guest ON3GO

could it be my weather stripping? its not in great shape and make the water is going down the doors, into the car and trying to get out by going to the plug? But then why would there be water by the plug in the back of the car in the spare tire wheel well? so im going toward its the plugs BUT HOW?

I seriously doubt the plugs are the problem.

What I would do is get a friend to help you, and get in the car. Have your friend take a garden hose to all the door seams, and find out where the leaks are. Make sure you check the hatch seam, door seams, front windshield, rear windshield, etc. If it is that bad, you should have no problem locating where the problem is.

Likely you really need some new door seals or something similar.

Drax and Jim are right. The plugs are not going to solve the problem. I was experiencing the same thing on my 280. The water was coming in via the rain pan and base of the windshield gasket. Buy the plugs to seal the holes, but find the source where it's coming in.

Leave the plugs alone and look else where like everyone else has said. The weather stripping is probably shot. My wifes old 240SX used to have water standing in the spare tire well when it sat out in the rain and yes it gathered up around the little rubber plugs in the trunk. The water was coming from a faulty hatch weather stripping.

Guest ON3GO

im gonna try having my friend dump water on the car while im in there too see tomorrow.

i dont have any rust on the car just abit in the rear hatch, like the very end on the right hand side.. not on the door itself but the body.

thanks

I have had the same problems with my 280. The water was actually coming in through the windshield seal, around the windshield itself. I also had leaks around the seals that are on the front edge of the door. I'm in the process now of replacing every %^&$%* seal in the car - and when I'm done with that I'm probably going to have the windshield pulled and resealed by someone who'll guarantee it. This car is NOT going to rust out on me.