HybridZ

McMaster improvised rotary engine - discuss

auxilary

Let's see, this guy McMaster has been working on this thing for over 60 years and has dumped $10 million in it.

He sure seems determined to prove that it doesn't work!

I surely hope Al Gore and Ed Begley, Jr. invest all their money on this.

Let's see' date=' this guy McMaster has been working on this thing for over 60 years and has dumped $10 million in it.

He sure seems determined to prove that it doesn't work!

I surely hope Al Gore and Ed Begley, Jr. invest all their money on this.[/quote']

:lol:

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

looks to me like that wobble plate would just push the "fuel" back and forth from top to bottom with no compression. It would just press the fuel into the open area as it makes what appears to be it's compression movement. :lol:

eh....

It is funny how they say things like:

"The current two-cycle power plant has the same displacement volume as a 200-horsepower engine"

they never seem to give any real numbers.

they also said that it would produce torque equivalent to a v8...

what v8? like... the vegetable drink?

if it works... neato... but to me it looks like a 12" diameter shrapnel bomb.

Joe

• 3 months later...
Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Oh, I see...

Look at this page:

http://www.mcmastermotor.com/technical.htm

There is a little tiny combustion chamber in the top of the green outside circle. (watch when the orange "flame" is the smallest up at the top and you will see the combustion chamber). The entire open area of the "engine" is just an area for the heat expansion to occur. There is no way this engine would work because the engine would have to have the intake charge instantly injected and ignited at the very instant that the wobble-plate is over the combustion chamber. Not to mention how incredibly huge this engine would have to be for those two combustion chambers to be enough power to turn the thing. Oh, and cant forget the fact that the thing would destroy itself from friction because of the wobble plates grinding over the two vanes down the center of the engine as there would be no way to lubricate those surfaces.

I'd say this fellow is pretty good at making something look like it would work just good enough to get some "investment".

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

OMG, I am such a dope. I failed to notice that the friggin wobble-plate wont slide back and forth along the vane down the center, the wobble-plate would have to spin through it! Look at it, in order for the shaft to rotate the wobble-plate has to rotate, that is what gives it the movement that appears to be wobbling. The wobble-plate cant spin through a stationary vane in the middle! This guy is a joke! If he is in the US do you think this is illegal?

Guest Smooth Operator

I don't like the idea of a sperate motor for each wheel. Be scary if one of them in the front happen to seize up or the throttle stick. Although I'd guess they'd have to put some sort of clutch thing between the motor and the wheel to prevent that.