HybridZ

FUEL CELL AND GAUGE QUESTION

Here it goes...I have the Summit Pro Street Cell with 0-90 GM Tube sender. I have the AutoMeter Gauge. The gauge has plus, minus and signal. The cell only has two wires. I know one is signal but is the other ground or hot? I hook it up many ways but it doesnt work. The needle stays pegged when I put the power to the gauge. Anyone have this happen before? HELP!!! :roll:

I'm going to be in the same boat here soon. First question is: don't you need some kind of resistance (e.g. the sender) in series with the gauge in the first place. Otherwise a full voltage signal is sent to the gauge, which pegs it out. I'm assuming here that the resistance varies on these senders, and this varied resistance is indicated on the gauge. Also, would one of the terminals be for a light bulb? I'm attempting to install a gauge and sender in my car (aftermarket cell) and will be watching this thread for help as well.

Thanks for the concern Tim (and all). I got this hairbrained idea of finishing my education (officially) with some courses a the University of Phoenix Online. What a cast iron bitch! 4 to 5 hours per day studying, as well as the assignments. As you had noticed, I don't have any time for anything other than work, sleep, and studies. Anyway, I look over the forum from time to time, and my plan is to back down a bit and try to enjoy life a little. Thank god for weekends. Take care you guys and I'll see ya when I see ya.