HybridZ

Does anyone know who makes "block hugger headers"

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm usually on the Ford site but my brother wants to buy headers for his car which is equiped with a LT1 engine (1992).. When a company says small block Chevy, does that mean any Chevy like a LT1 (350)?

You can use a regular SBC header on a LT1 but they will most likely not be a D-Port design unless it says they are for an LT1. On Generation 3 stuff I think it will matter though(LS1/LS6 stuff)

I am selling a set of block hugger headers that I cant use on my LT1 because of the location of the steering gear box in my 280ZX! :evil: Check out the for sale forum if you are interested!(sorry I had to put a plug in there for myself! :D )

Guy

Just be sure to know exactly what you want when you go to buy your headers. I just went through this, got my blockhuggers from Thermal Tech Coatings. they were ceramic coated, for D-port angle plug heads. When I tried to buy them locally, all I got was blank stares :? and huge price tags :roll: . Try these people. The service was great, and the headers are really good quality. Oh yeah, thier prices are really good. :D

[/url]http: http://www.thermaltechcoatings.com

Guy:

The 2 rear tubes were removed from the flange and modified to go around the steering shaft. The front tubes were extended and they all mate up with the collector below the steering. I sent it back to Heddman and they charged me $50. to ceramic coat it again.

Dan