HybridZ

unbelievable ripoff story

David K

*sigh* Are we actually arguing this Corvette vs. BMW crap?

Comparing an M3 with a Corvette is just plain stupid. It's like trying to compare yogurt with ball bearings. Both are fun cars, both are expensive new, and both hold their value if maintained correctly. But they are FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT CARS.

Vive la difference ("Live for the differences", more or less), folks.

The story is an effective illustration as to why you should never, never, never fall in love with a car you're about to buy. The poor sap was overcome by the red haze that served to mask the problems. Even with alarm bells ringing all around him, he still talked himself into buying the car. It was an expensive lesson, but hopefully one which he won't have to learn twice. Listen to your gut instinct - it's rarely wrong.

*sigh* Are we actually arguing this Corvette vs. BMW crap?

Funny I saw it as two differing points of view trying to reasonably justify their opinions to others... Not sure what the harm is in it. Nobody was getting bent out of shape about it either.

THis type of thing is what I keep telling my son about... He is searching for a car and he thinks he won't get ripped on ebay. I would never buy a car sight unseen. If my new job prospect comes through, I'll be either buying a Ford Lightning or a C5 Vette, and I won't be shipping for it on Ebay!

Mike :D

I read most of that, DAMN. That makes me sick.

I know a guy with an L98 Vette (1991) with a 6 speed, and he has an M3 now and says its a pretty different car, and for the most part "better."

Regardless, arguing is stupid, a guy lost his money - thats the story. They are two different cars with two different price points.