HybridZ

Videos of 1/8 mile drags

Dragonfly

Last Thursday I went to the racelegal 1/8 mile drags with my new Nitto 555 drag radials, a friend of mine took video of the races so I thought I would share them. Here is a link to the mpegs http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289844391, this is on Imagestation and it requires that you be a member in order to view. If anyone would like to host these in an esier to access environment please let me know and I will get the mpegs to you.

Dragonfly

Nice times. What does that come out to in the 1/4 mi. Looks like you whooped up on those guys. Those nittos really hook up. I am going to have to get a set. Thanks for the videos. Always good to see a Z'er taking to everyone. :P

I have not run the car in the 1/4 so I don't know what its Q.M. times would be. The tires hook up well enough that they knocked .4 seconds off my 1/8 mile time.

I did only put the races that I won but on the other hand I won 9 of the 10 races that I ran, the only one I lost was a mustang that ran 8.5 seconds at 88 mph and the video was similar to the first one (kinda hard to see) so I decided to leave it out.

BTW my best run was 9.0xx seconds at 76.xx mph. I think with a few more runs on these tires I should get into the very high 8's as I was knocking several houndreths of a second off each run.

Dragonfly

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd jump in on this. Miles was running very consistently, and quite quick. I do have to make a point about the video of him racing against me in the yellow Roadster though. The angle only shows the start at which Miles got a huge jump on me with a great start. What is not shown clearly is the finish, at which I had reeled him in. Miles did still win the race, but not as the video might have you believe. He ran a 9.234@76.01 to my 9.237@83.48. This may seem petty to some, but I have an ego to protect just the same as everyone else. By looking at the video, you'd think I was walloped by four car lengths.