HybridZ

Thanks....and a few pics

Just a note of thanks to all the members for all the info that I was able to get from this forum over the past year. My 350 conversion is complete with the exception of a few minor details. Briefly, my car was brought out from CA. to NE Pa by a friend of mine about ten years ago( rust free cars are a rarity in PA) .His intention was to do this conversion, but that never happened,so I bought it. The car was completely disassembled and stripped to bare metal. I removed all the wire clips and brackets from the engine compartment and smooth out all the seams.A 350 block was built with all edelbrock components to 350Hp with a built 700r trans. I used Ross' front and rear upgrades on the brake system.With the exception of the motor and trans all work was done in my home garage. The entire project took nine months! I've owned other Z's before both stock and slightly modified and after driving this one only 500 miles ......these V8 z's can be addictive. :D

I entered the car this past weekend, in it's first AACA judged show. I was put into the "Modified and Custom" class with all the souped up American muscle cars. I think the poor little Z was scared at first. But not too scared...it took FIRST Place...hehe ! Anyway......thanks again, guys!http://www.pbase.com/baracu/zcar

Fiberoptic cables...damn...why didn't I think of that? Actually, it's one of those new wireless engines with remote control brakes. Just hid the wires in fresh air vent and frame rails. Maxi block in passenger area. Made all new brake lines and moved them away from the heat.

Guest silverbullet
Very clean install... I see you have an eye for photography as well.

Indeed! It is nice to see good well lit pictures of a nice Z, VERY nice job :2thumbs: although I hope mine doesn't look that nice when I am finished or I will be afraid to drive it much :D

Thanks for the compliments, guys. A few years ago,I restored a 65 Mustang GT Fastback to concours specs and I couldn't see going backwards on the Z. I really enjoyed the freedom that doing a Custom car allowed me. The side markers are from some Hyundai and work very well. Mirrors are from a nissan , but I had to make the brackets. The AC is a Sanden 505 compressor, which is a little shorter than the Standard 508 and has the ports on the top.I wanted my compressor down low and this one fit nicely. I had to make custom AC mounts that attach to the engine mounts. I have pics of the mount if anyone needs it. Thanks, again