HybridZ

mitsu 4g63

Guest Zachb55

you could mount it however you want, it is just gonna cost money for a custom bellhousing. I think something that is even more swap-able, and sortof along those lines would be the 3SGTE, there are tons of them, probably even more mods, and people have put them in a wide variety of cars. heck, and power wise this is the engine that has been in the JGTC supras for the last few years, the went to a small V8 though now :shock:

-Zach

Guest ON3GO

its been talking about before on here.

im not 100% sure on the conquest tranny but i dont see why not, i no ive seen 4G63 in a conquest...

i think we even talked about how it would be cool to stroke it also..

Someone was posting some stuff about the DSM motors. They make some damn good power in hybrid form. I want to say there was some company that was putting together motors from 300HP to 500HP for under $6000. I'm not sure about trannies and all, but maybe somebody knows something. I'll look for the links.

Guest jsigone

the difficult part of the 4g63 and 4g64 motors is that the TB is in the wrong spot to be taken from it's transverse location to run RWD. U will either need a custom intake manifold set up for RWD application or have a sharp bend in the UIC at the firewall to reach the TB, not to mention that the IC piping will have to be at least 2ft longer. They are great motors, I own a 90 GST with a 20g on it and it haules ass.

Guest POKINATCHA

Did any of you see that EVO 7 in SCC that as putting out 715 hp on 101 octane with a 2159cc stroker? That car was rediculous!

Guest 81na ZX

A mighty max/dodge D50 4-cyl tranny bolts to a 4G63.

The Stock TB Faces the tranny.

A 4G64 (mighty max/D50/occasional galant 4cyl) crank fits the 4G63 block + rods of the same year. Wiseco makes the pistons. ~700 later you have a 2.3L stroker (everyone calls them 2.4 but there around 2.37ish).

THe engine isn't SUPER heavy - I've picked up the block myself, couldn't move it more than 12", but I picked it up ;)

Cheap speed too. With $7 invested I cut 1 second off my AWD's 1/4. With $327 invested I was in the 250hp(fly) range (have no idea of whp, my friends identical fwd did 227 whp, extrapolate it to fly :P )

Guest jsigone
A mighty max/dodge D50 4-cyl tranny bolts to a 4G63.

The Stock TB Faces the tranny.

A 4G64 (mighty max/D50/occasional galant 4cyl) crank fits the 4G63 block + rods of the same year. Wiseco makes the pistons. ~700 later you have a 2.3L stroker (everyone calls them 2.4 but there around 2.37ish).

quote]

Yes the crank fits the 4g63 but also weaking the stroke as well, U can take the entire 4g64 block with crank, stuff it will 9.1 pistons and eagle rods, no need to over bore and have more TQ and stronger power band then a stroked 4g63 motor. In order to make the 4g64 block with the DSM head, u have to clog a few of the water passesges in the block and use a galant HG. BTW, u can have a fully built 4g64 with wisco/ros pistons, eagle rods and block pre modifed for 2k. Add a few more hundred and u can get crower rods and better pistons. A built 4g64 shorty is typically 300 more then it's equal in the 4g63.

Either way u still need to get around the TB position. A custom sheet metal mani could fit that bill.

Guest jsigone

the SRT4 is a great car out the dealer, but will not be a high HP contender. It doens't have a strong enough block to be psuhed to it's limits unlike the 4g63 has proven to put over 400whp AWD on the stock bottom end and stock head (other then cams) as well as the SR20DET. Both of these blocks are proven hi HP blocks.

Not to mention Mopar has done a great job in cornering the upgrade market on the car with it's one piece exhuast mani/turbo exhuast housing and DP. The only way to break free of this will be a custom tubular manifold, t3/t4 turbo and custom DP. And like there is room to stick all that buy the firewall with a 2.4l motor taking up most of the engine bay.

The SR20DET is a great motor and is NOW affordable, unlike a couple of years ago when ur lucky to get a front clip for under 3k can now be found for 1800 or a lil less. And the motor and trans alone can be found for about 1000 bucks, making it as cheap as to put a B16a in a CRX, which we ALL now has been doen many times. Hopefully in good time, we'll get to see the RB25 and 26 motors prices slashed in half.

• 2 years later...
Guest Texsrt4

the 2.4 srt motor might just be a good setup. the motors can take nearly 500hp with stock internals, and well over 600 with just a set of slugs in them! there are both rwd and awd jeeps with the chrysler 2.4 motor! that might be a fun one. a stage3 turbo'd SRT will make upwards of 330hp (with no additional mods, other than the mopar stage3 upgrade, more than 350 with just exhaust bolted up to it). plus boost will come on fully by 2500rpm thanks to chryslers turbine housing design! crane makes some sweet cams for it (that sound wicked and run increadiably by the way!). a big intercooler, some more boost, and a stand alone EMS system (available in a month or so) 400+ is EASILY reachable, with nearly instant power, and a flat torque curve. sounds fun...

I just read an article in turbo a month ago that had a dude making 500hp on the srt4 stock block. One thing to consider is the tranny options to hold this type of power on a 4g63 are quite expensive, but then again they are on any manual of this kind. Lots of 500-700hp 4g63's have been built. Roadrace engineering is a great place to get a motor done. They have a great reputation with dsm's.

• 9 months later...

I started a thread on it a couple of months ago about using a 4g63 and a mighty max tranny. Only thing is that tranny isn't the strongest thing but another option was a mazda pickup bell housing and a RX7 tranny. The only issue is that most like have to convert to a cable from our hydraulic slave cylinder.