HybridZ

R230 driveshaft flange ?`s

denny411

Does anyone here know if there are any differences in the R230 rear flange from one year to the next?

Are the bolt patterns all the same for all Q45`s or R230`s?

I assume there are some differences in the driveshafts themselves since they supposedly won`t all interchange according to Hollander.

I need to get a driveshaft asap to have cut down for my conversion, but I`m not sure what year the diff that I have is.

I`m going to have one heck of a time figuring this out. None of the salvage yards in my area have any q45`s, so I can`t just take the diff in to see if they jive up. :?

Not sure if all q45's had the same bolt pattern for the rear flange of the driveshaft. The bolt pattern is different with the 300zxtt as it is a 6bolt instead of the q45's 4bolt pattern. So not all r230 driveshafts will work.

One option Owen suggested on his site was to possibly drill the r230 flange to fit another driveshaft. Dunno how feasible this is. Heres his info and stuff about his convesion: http://www.v8zcar.com/s30z/r230.htm . Hope something here helps.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

I found a shaft and flange that will work for the conversion.

I`m using a ford flange with a 2"diameter disc .390 thick. .190 of that thickness was turned down on a lathe to 1.968" the same as the inside diameter of the R230 companion flange.

The disc is to keep the driveshaft centered on the pinion under load as well as to center the two companion flanges while I redrill the four bolt holes.

I`m now using fine thread 1/2" grade 8 allen bolts to hold them together.

The grand total was FREE :wink: . I called in a few favours to get the lathe work nad the hardware, and another buddy gave me the driveshaft.