HybridZ

240z trubo swap, fuel tank to use?

Guest bastaad525

most people will recommend using the early 280z fuel tank, however I've recently talked to a few people that run their turbos from the stock 240 tank, with some slight modification. Namely, you want the fuel pickup line to come from the bottom of the tank, I dont know the exact details but from what I can gather it's very easy to do. This is how my car is going to be setup.

i recently installed a turbo zx motor into a '72 and all i did was T the return line into the feed line from the tank.

the pump just keeps looping the extra fuel and sucks only what extra it needs from the tank. it works amazingly well. I used the stock vent line that were fed into the carbs as the return line.

good luck

jesse

a efi tank has a baffle around the fuel pick up to help prevent fuel starvation in turns.my 77 will start missing at 1/4 while on track.the efi tanks a 11 mm out put line and a 8mm return line.with the 11 mm output you could feed a lot of horsepower with the correct pump.