HybridZ

LT1 update

I got my axles fixed now. This Lt1 makes alot more low end than my old carburetor motors did. Even with the R230 diff I am having alot of problems with spining the tires. Motor rund good and 4l60e trans works just fine. I need to get some track times in soon, but I think that I will need some drag radials.

Mike

Guest SLICK RICK

I am new to this site, forgive me if I ask questions that have been answered 20 time or if I am in the wrong section.

It looks like the swap is not terribly difficult. I would assume that the length of the half shafts would have to be changed.

The R230 diff, is that a LSD, if so what did it come in.

I just bought a 240Z last week and I am going to put a 383 in it.

I had one 10 years ago with 327 and it would spin one tire the other and back again.

the motor and trans are from Ebay, as of right now I have about $4500 in the car and this includes.

lt1/4l60e,R230,Brake upgrades,springs and tokikos, and all of the other parts to get the car up and running. And this includes buying the car, but I still have alot more work to do, Roll cage and paint are going to cost alot.

Mike

Glad to here everything is working out for you mas280! :2thumbs::rockon::cheers:

I have about $14,000 in my swap so far and I still have about $2000 to spend! :shock:

I rebuilt my LT1 and "warmed" the engine up a little. That $14,000 also includes interior parts, rims, paint, and a lot of new engine parts and upgrades for the engine.

When I am done though it should have the "Show & Go" that I want it to have. I know from driving it the last 2 weeks that it deffinetly has the "Go!" part! :D I just have to figure out why its running so rough!

I pass under the Rio vista bridge all of the Time, but not by car. I am out that way on the weekend in my boat. You can come over anytime if you want. I had Mudge help me out when I first wanted to learn how to program my ecm.

mike

• 4 weeks later...