HybridZ

question for you guys that put R200 LSD's in your 280Z..cost

Guest ON3GO

guys how much did it cost you to get a R200 LSD rear end in your Z.. like with all parts to make it run perfect and so.

also with CV's and etc..

thanks

Haven't done it yet myself, but expect to pay about $350-400 for the LSD itself (i'm assuming you're referring to the 3.7:1 R200 LSD from the '87-89 300ZX turbo), about $50 per CV axle from the same car from a junkyard, and I think Ross C. sells the CV adapters for $200 for the pair.

Since you have a 280, you already have the stronger stub axles, so that saves you a few bucks. But right now you're looking at an average cost of about 650-700. Of course, that number is variable based on the deal you find for the axles and the diff.

Guest 240hybrid

I got my 87 LSD with the CVs for $436 after tax. I have seen people with $500 price tags on just the diff. :? Keep looking around and you can find them.

Also I paid about $250 for my CV adapters from Ross C. I think mine cost more than the usual 280zxt CV cause I used the 300zxt CVs that came with the diff, and Ross hasnt gotten too many request for that style/year adapter, and said I was the second or third to request them. The 300zxt CV has 4 (14mm) bolts instead of the 6 (10mm) used on the 280zxt flange.

Heres a thread that talks about that adapters.... http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20393&highlight=cv+adapters&sid=811a6c298196559c9791920fedfb3027 .

So to get the LSD with CVs, adapters for the CVs, and gearoil and LSD addative your looking at right about $700.00 and your burn up both tires :o

Watch Ebay they seem to go for $500-$600. I got lucky and got a complete 89 Turbo rear suspension for $300 :D . The reason the one I got went cheap is because the kid that listed it listed it as a 280Z Posi Race end :?: . My finding it was shear luck and I got it for the reserve price. Watch out though shipping a defferential is expensive, I had to pick mine up.