HybridZ

Some updated LT1Z pics

Just a few misc. pics of what's going on for the few that are following my progress. (BTW, I have not updated my website as I am busy building a new one).:

1: LT1 is fitted again for the last time, and radiator and fan and hoses connected:

fb6cf0f1.jpg

Another angle:

fb6cf0f3.jpg

2: Brake 'roll stop' valve with a bit of heat shielding:

fb6cf103.jpg

3: Lower grill:

fb6cf0f5.jpg

4: Addition to the rear of the airdam to try to keep as much air going through the radiator as possible (the line drawn is where the stock airdam stopped):

fb6cf0ea.jpg

5: The new rear panel is finally complete (except for final paint):

fb6cf0ed.jpg

Tim

Guest greimann

Way cool Tim! :2thumbs: Looks like you will be finished by Finland's Independence Day after all :P

One suggestion: The broom handle holding the hood up - paint it black :D

Looks like you will be finished by Finland's Independence Day after all :P

Ahh...Shaddapp!! :D:roll:

One suggestion: The broom handle holding the hood up - paint it black :D

HEY!! That's a highly customized spring loaded shower rod if you don't mind!! :lol::D

Tim

Looking good' date=' Tim! :2thumbs:

Where did you pick up the material for your custom grill?[/quote']

I made the 'foundation ring' from the old stock fuel line----straightened it out, then bent it to the correct shape, then brazed it at the joint. The actual grill is some material that I 'hijacked' from the construction crew when they were patching some stucco (after installing new windows and electrical).

Tim

Look'n Good Tim! :D:2thumbs::hail::rockon:

When I build my next car its going to take as much time as it needs, just like what your doing. Im not going to rush anything and do everything the right way, no short cuts! I tried not to do that with my 280ZX but there are a few things that I would have done different.

Anyways keep us posted! :D

The car is looking very complete at this point--very nice work indeed. The headers are great, but a little peculiar looking--what brand? Made for LT1 specifically? It's a swap I am most likely going to do once this current swap is 'finished'.

Davy

Tim you made those headers didnt you? I could swear you did!?

Oh yeah and Tim, you know that connection for the small hose that goes into the UPPER radiator hose? Well I thinkyou have yours on the wrong hose...you have your is the lower radiator hose? Is there some reason behind that?

Also you are going to put some protective boots over those spark plug wires right? I have mine about that close to the header and it sure does get hot right there. I know I fried 2 wires from being close/touching the header. Better put some of those 1200degree boots over them.

Guy

The car is looking very complete at this point--very nice work indeed. The headers are great' date=' but a little peculiar looking--what brand? Made for LT1 specifically? It's a swap I am most likely going to do once this current swap is 'finished'.

Davy[/quote']

Davy.... see here: http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23354

Home made jobbies!

Tim

Tim, I (and probably others) would like the info on your radiator hoses...numbers if you have them... and the routing of smaller hoses since I noticed there is no LT1 tee in top hose. I deleted my LT1 factory oil cooler.

The top hose from F body LT1 seems to work ok in mine(with T), but haven't a bottom yet.For you that are starting, or thinking of starting, a swap of any kind these are the details wherein lies the devil. Anyone else care to chime in on hoses/routing etc, or does this need a separate posting? john

Here are the hoses I used:

Top hose (driver's side): Gates hose, part number: 21557

Bottom hose (pass. side): top is Gates hose # 20065, bottom is Gates #21353

Between the top and bottom hoses on the pass. side I uses a Moroso reducer tube, like this:

63700_part.jpg

I took out the drain cock and put a hose nipple fitting in it's place.

FWIW, the serpentine belt I used was one size shorter to accommodate the lack of A/C compressor and the idler pulley in it's place. the part number for that is:

Gates MicroV #K060598.

Hope that helps.

Tim

Guest greimann
In the sentence below the image in the post above' date=' it should read C.O.C.K., but I guess the language police software doesn't like it, so now it has been renamed "drain Rooster" ha ha ha :D:roll:

Tim[/quote']

HA! Drain Rooster!

What is even stranger, it allowed hose nipple! I guess that IS the medically correct term........