HybridZ

UPDATE on Control arm orders..

Guys, those who ordered control arms have been waiting patiently and I appreciate it. Here is the scoop... I oversold one set of TC Rods, so I have included my personal set for one of my cars. However, I'm waiting on some parts from SCP still and will be doing an overnight order BY MONDAY if UPS doesn't stop in today. I finally got my drill press issues fixed today and drilled our the clevis brackets and some of the TC Rod holes today, and will finish those up tomorrow. I'll send the parts that are ready to go out By Monday/ Tuesday which should consist of TWO full sets, plus a set of JUST control arms... I can send the TC Rods to the rest, but I'd just as soon wait and send the rest in complete packages since it will be cheaper per package.

Please re-send your mailing addresses to me since I deleted ALL of my indox by mistake... Don't ask... BRAIN FART! :lol::D

Mike

Mike S., Oz, and Terry, Your arms went out today and you have mail with tracking numbers...

Ed, Mike and Jeff, I'm still in a holding pattern on the FEMALE heim joints... three places I rely on are ALL back ordered...

If they don't come in by Friday they won't go out until I get back from vacation AFTER Labor day. I apologize... I've got them sitting in boxes and ready to go, but waiting on a pair of $13 (Each) Heim joints to complete the orders for two of you, and the additional parts to complete TC Rods for the other... I've got a personal set, but the SCP guys say the complete order should ship at about the same time... SOOO

IF S&W or Coleman come through, then We'll be set...

Mike

Mike, I don't know if we should be happy or sad for you. Congrats on your new job, but we are sorry to see you go...You offered a great service to the Z community.

Since you are no longer offerring your product for sale would it be possible to get the schematics for your front and rear suspension parts should some of us skilled with a TIG welder decide to manufacture a set of these on their own?

Ron, I've got something in the works for someone to take over the operation in whole. I need to confirm this, but if it for some reason falls through I'd be more than happy to provide all the info needed to someone with the skills to make these.

I'll keep you posted, and from the looks of things on the personal Zcar front, I'll still be around as an enthusiast with two GREAT examples of how a Zcar can be made to perform WELL with a V8 installed...

IF I keep them (Come September 15th Midnight) then I'll be trailering one across country to an event on the LEFT coast to allow one of my hired guns, 'er ZF Racing Boys the opportunity to take Mr. Coffee up on his challenge to produce a fast, competitive V8Zcar! :shock::lol:

I remember those gaunlets being thrown down, or some such silly statement my fellow admin made a while back! :D

Mike :lol:

Hey well those of us on the left coast wish you safe travel out here.

If some one takes over I hope that they do a good a job as you did. In the event that no one takes over, I sure would apreciate the schematics.

Another option might be my friends at PDK Fabrication. They currently manufacture a working strut bar solution for an early Z, Fiberglass Dashes, custom roll cage fabrication (see my members gallery at classiczcars.com) and would be a good choice for taking over your project..they would do a quality job and crazy about racing.

I believe that you know John Williams, who made some turnbuckles for you out here on the left coast..They know John really well too..well enough name dropping for now.

As far as Mr Coffey, well i have seen his car and it is a very nice Z car, i wish you guys the best, John has done a lot of research and gone to a lot of expense to build up that car and I understand that his car can turn the fastest lap (in a Z) around willow springs by 3 to 4 seconds. So you will have your hands full..

We hope to see you out for the Z convention next Year here in LA, then perhaps this grudge match would be settled in the public Z arena..

Yup, I know those folks well. John Williams is a heck of a guy and has supported me in this project fully. Great group of guys out there.

As for Mr. Coffey and our friendly back and forth:

John is one of the brightest, smartest guys I know, who actually does what he says. I have seen his car in action in person, and know what a capable driver he is. I only hope that I could succeed in building a car that will beat up on his little L6 monster!

Not sure when I'll be out that way, but I'd like to at some point, with car (Or cars) in tow!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

The parts arrived Thursday evening and I was able to get everything packaged up. However, as those who live locally can attest, Friday rained hard and every MORON who can't control a vehicle had accidents around the Washington DC area. Took me almost three hours to get home last night. I'll try to get ALL the boxes shipped out on Monday!

Mike