HybridZ

A loud pop/ bang noise???

Guest Drb26Z

Guest Drb26Z

Hi guys,

My car is macking a loud popping/banging noise :( , which I'm almost certain is coming from my exhaust somewhere. It occurs during increase in rpms and then when maintaining that level doesnt happen but when increasing on those rpms it happens again. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Jonny Wilkinson

Thanks denny,

That sounds like a plausible explaination, I did have a sneaking suspicion that there was some sort of problem with my choke so this is almost definitely the problem. By the way this (my baby) is a '71 240z :-D that i purchased about 2 months ago and its in mostly original condition minus the roll cage and oil surge tank. Hopefully int he next 6months I will (with the help of my cousin) be doing a RB20DET conversion on it. Again thanks for the help.

Jonny Wilkinson

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
I did have a sneaking suspicion that there was some sort of problem with my choke so this is almost definitely the problem.

Lean fuel condition sounds like the right track, but I cant see how this would be related to your choke. The choke, of course, makes the mixture rich. If your choke was stuck open then it would run normal, just hard to get going when it is cold.

• 1 month later...