HybridZ

I got my AC working in my hybrid!

It's nothing fancy, just plumbed in a doughnut style compressor to my original system but it works. If anybody is trying to do this I can possible help (as long as it doesn't get too technical, I am by no means an AC guy) All I know is don't open the high side while charging :-D

No dont open the high side when the car is running! You'll blow out the gauges! :shock: Its ok to open the high and low side when the car is not running but it is deffinetly not ok to do so when the car is running. There really isnt a point to open the high side anyways, atleast when I am charging up systems at work or repairing an AC system I dont ever open the high side.

Guy

Marginably. With my stock system, it would take it a little while to get things comfortable in 100 degree weather. My frankenstien system is having about the same results. Don't want to judge the new setup yet as I am still tuning it in.

Two questions: Did you replace the stock blower fan with something larger? If not, you might think about doing so. Slight modification of the housing might be necessary, but I hear it's well worth the effort.

Secondly, do you have an electric fan in front of the condenser? That can make a world of difference in stop and go traffic.

Just a thought or two...

Mid 80's Civic or Integra blower fan bolts right into the early 240 Z just make 2 new wires, not sure about the later Z's. It gives more airflow, still not "blow your hair back" power.

I read once about putting a GN (or Regal I suppose) blower in. Don't remember the specifics, I think it required more mods. That was really supposed to push the air around.

I always equated the stock fan's power to having an 80 year old with emphyzema stuck under the dash breathing on you.

Jon