HybridZ

Some recent pics of my '73 240ZT...

Jersey

Thanks guys. The gauge is just temporary and not supported by anything, just the fuel line itself. Funny, i've been using Fram for a while and now you're the second person in the last month telling me to lose it. Time to do an oil change anyway i guess :roll:

I should have mentioned that using a Fram filter will void the warranty on a new car, and there is a reason why manufacturers have singled them out. The filter media breaks up and clogs oil lines.

Guest joeyhammer

WIX is the only way to go.. i know one of th eguys who wored for them for years and doing studies on filers they noticed the frams were basically crap.. i think they were holding water.. something pretty bad.. and they called wix to be nice and tell them and they didnt wanna hear it.. so they usedthier findings as an advertisement

Guest bastaad525

Hey isn't that my car?

:shock: well that's what it WOULD look like if it'd stop having problems and let me concentrate on cleaning it up/installing the IC/painting it. Actually I was gonna paint it that same orange, that's the color it was from the factory, and the doorjambs and engine bay are still that color. Now I've gotten so used to seeing it black I may just paint it black though, I've really come to like the color.

So fram filters are bad? That's all I've ever used :( okay so for guys like me who can't do our own oil changes (lack of a place to work) say if I go to jiffy lube or whatever what brand filter do they have that I should ask for??

Guest bastaad525

Guess I'll have to buy the filter myself and bring it to jiffy lube with me.

Guys never take it for granted if you have driveways and can do all the work on your car yourselves. More than anything not having my own driveway is really making this problematic turbo of mine 10x worse than it should be and much much more expensive....

Okay so who carries Wix filters I've never even heard of them?

Hey Jersey, we have the exact same intercooler piping!!! I used a few more couplers though where you welded the piping together in a few spots. Same freakin intercooler too!!! Im jealous, the 240z t swaps look very nice and simple. Make it back out to the track yet? Im dying to try out my new turbo/fuel/wheel combo!

Yeah Kenny, believe it or not, it's a mopar fan that i had in my garage. I have no idea what cfm it moves but it works, for now. I really need to go spend the $200 and do it right. 327 - i think we went back and forth about the piping before i did it and you gave me some tips, no? I just went back this past friday night and had a bad night. Track conditions weren't so good and it was hard to hook up. Pulled a 13.2@109mph. The 109mph was my fatest mph so far so that's good i guess. I don't know, just trying to keep it fun :twisted: Tell more about your new setup! I'm going to need 370cc injectors and T3/T4 soon. Anyone have some extra's laying around??? :D Wannabvan...i'm not sure what you mean but, the pipe across the radiator goes from the TB to the NPR I.C. I didn't cut either end of the I.C., they both just face foward. Some cut one end off and re-weld it straight but i somehow managed to got mine to jusssst squeeze around the radiator on both sides (minor radiator cutting :shock: ) Not sure if that's what you were looking at. Thanks Chris. Appreciate it guys. Wouldn't have gotten this far without ya.

Oh yeah, thats right, we did talk ic piping, thats cool, because its dead on exactly like my piping, cool.

i have to hold off on the power mods, now that my car is tuned pretty well the stock suspension feels downright scary sometimes and my poor clutch that was already slipping on top end is now producing a great smelly stench when I stab it after second gear, I guess I have enough gear down low to pull through, but when it gets to third, it hates me...

109 is crazy for stock everything, thats official.

do you have a way to turn up fuel pressure? I run 43 at 10psi and I can fully thrash it in almost any weather now, Ive run 14psi with around 52psi and no issues yet, but I dont want to test my luck on mystery turbo number two....

anyways the clutch is going in first, and after I get off my duff and pressure wash the suspension really quick, thats next.

In october I will be getting my first runs with a clutch that will hold up all the way down the track, so far best on this clutch has been a low 14 with 10psi boost and granny shifts after second to make sure I can drive it home!!!!

Guest joeyhammer

ok the napa gold filters are wix and the protec filters that car quest wholesales are the lower quality wix gilter.. i think the z number in wix is 51221 or something.. not sure.. ive got 12 in my garage i can check once iget all my crap out of the way..