HybridZ

60-1 trim w/stage 3 turbine wheel w/.63 AR turbine housing?

Jersey

I agree with Cody, I like my bigger turbo. Specially with stage III wheel because the boost comes up so smooth. I don't loose traction like I used to with stock T3. And bigger turbo can keep the heat minimal. (bigger and better design) which is the worst killer on forced induction engine

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled the T3 out tonight on cousins '83ZXT. Took 1 1/2 hours, smooth as glass, no manifold bolts broken :D Getting his T3/T4 air shipped in tomorrow morning and hoping the install is half as easy as the removal tomorrow night. Here's my take on the turbo sizing...whatever makes you the fastest, wins :D I'm real curious to see how this T3/T4 makes a change in his ZXT. I know i'm going to be dying to order a hybrid after tomorrow night...well, more than i am right now anyway :roll:

Heh that's funny you mention that... I actually like when the tires break loose in the middle of first gear :)

Whats nice about a bigger turbo that is sized correctly is that you can also do that in other gears. In my set-up with 245/45/17's with 3.7 LSD I can still spin the tires at will in 2nd gear.