HybridZ

24 valve DOHC L6 cylinder head build up start

I can look into a 280ce timing chain but I'm going to stick with the KA24 valve train and the skyline manifolds for the reason that my car is turbo and I want to keep it that way, and with the skyline RB20 manifold I can do that and move my turbo away from the fire wall. All parts should be easy to get except for the manifolds, but there a few guys on these boards that don't like the stock manifolds and build headers for there cars. I've allready picked up a KA24de head out of a local junkyard and once I pull the valves out I'm going to get my measuments and cut the head up into chuncks to exsamine the the coolent and oil passages.

tbs

• 7 years later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this idea in mind for a while. I'm currently a mechanical engineering student and am working as a co-op at General Motors helping develop manafacturing processes for thier new Ecotec blocks. I'm a huge fan of Tomimatsu-san's S30Z. Maybe some day heads like those could be made in larger volume....

• 2 months later...