HybridZ

pics of the custom hack job (NOT PRETTY) youve been warned

Guest ZmeFly

Guest ZmeFly

here the dent they put in my ic

album_pic.php?pic_id=1968

this is where they cut the rad support, if you notice in the previous pic the ic has a 30 degree bend facing in the oppisite direction not to mention i still have the fan clutch so why would you even think of running pipe in that direction

album_pic.php?pic_id=1969

here they scraped the paint on my air damn, notice the ic is sitting crooked

album_pic.php?pic_id=1970

heres the radiator hose they used, hmm wonder when it will pop!

album_pic.php?pic_id=1971

another shot of the radiator hose couplers if you look closely you can see that the pipe going to the throttle body looks like its about to cut threw

album_pic.php?pic_id=1972

man i love these mandrel bends NOT! more quality silicone hose hehe

album_pic.php?pic_id=1973

another pic of the hacked rad support

album_pic.php?pic_id=1974

the bov that was to hard to remove and as he explained was just fine where it was

album_pic.php?pic_id=1975

That's pretty ugly. I sure hope they'll deal with you getting your satisfaction, but if they have your money already, it's not a good bet. Even regular mechanics seldom "service what they sell", and that's why I don't let anyone work on my cars anymore.

Well, I think your right in not being satified with the work they gave you. Yes it looks it will function but, not to the extent that a performance shop should be able to produce. Was this thier first intercooler install? Looks very amature to me.

I agree with Nathan about not letting anyone else work on my car. Seems like no matter what it is the service is subpar with what I could do myself for less money. This is why I started really doing more and more things myself. If it turns out wrong or doesn't work I don't have anyone to blame but myself. One of the nice things about Hybrid Z is that all the members here will help guide you through the bumps that can come along when fabricating parts.

I would suggest buy some power tools and manderal bends and get them all cut where you want them then tape them together tightly and have professional welder weld them up for you.

I like the 944 intercooler. For what you probabaly paid you could of picked up a 110v mig and Summit mandrel bends and done it yourself and how you wanted it. I don't let any work on my junk. Not many people care as much as the owner of the car. I wouldn't worry about using radiator hose though, unless you were supposed to get silly cone and he stiffed you. I have never had a rupture on any of the cars/trucks I've turboed using radiator hose. Most radiator caps run up to 15 or so psi, race caps are more. The hose will take an easy 25+ psi. I hope you get him to make it right.