HybridZ

Block hugger headers

Make sure that the block huggers you use have 3/8" thick flanges. The Hooker Super Comp block huggers (PN 2100) have the 3/8" thick flange.

FYI, you will lose HP with the block huggers as compared to full length headers. However, block huggers are much better than exhaust manifolds. I recently read a header dyno test result which showed the blocker hugger heads splitting the gap between full length headers and stock manifolds.

• 9 months later...
Guest the_dj

I'm running the Thermal Tech angle plug block huggers. The finish on them is as tough as you can get and looks good. Took a little hammering on the side of the collector to get it to not tough my steering column...I'm talking maybe 1/4"...I did it with a regular hammer while holding it in my hand, then put it back on the engine and it fit fine. The guy I talked to when I ordered them was also very friendly. I definately recommend them.

Sam

Hi everyone,

I just called Thermal Tech, and they seem very friendly and helpful.

I'm looking for a header solution for a LS1/T56 conversion into a 1973 240Z. Thermal Tech is going to find out if they have a pair of headers that will work for this application.