HybridZ

Talk about bad luck...

Mikelly

Little brother bought a 88 Mustang LX 5.0 and drove it three days before it lost all oil presure. We pulled the motor over the last few days and I dropped the crank out of the bottom this afternoon... Looks like the rod from the distributor to the oil pump SNAPPED :shock: !

He is getting a crank kit and we're gonna throw that in it and call it good until he can afford a crate motor... He just started a new job today, so money should start to become less of a problem.

Mike

Yes ford oil pump shafts on a ford are really winpy. I have seen pictures of them twisted up like candy. Was it a stock motor with a stock weight oil? Other than my Z I am not really a ford guy but in a stock engine they seem to be fine but a high pressure or volume pump will twist them for up. Any ford engine I build would have a ARP or after market shaft. They are cheap insurance.

Bummer you had to find out that way.

Don

Mike,

Sorry to hear about that misshap.

Question for you, did you ever sell or decide to use that 383 rotating assembly you put up for sale a while back?

Mike